TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

True Grit remake

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1True Grit remake Empty True Grit remake Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Jimmy

seen it? Impressions?

I thought is was excellent. As soomeone who absolutely adores the english language especially old west style.. I thought it was done masterfully. The whole setting was awwesome too.. not sure where they filmed but it was completely immersive.

Admittedly I've never seen the old one with John Wayne so I cannot compare performances but I thought Jeff Bridges owned the character Rooster Cogburn, so well that I never felt like I was watching an actor. The girl was absolutely great as well and had no problem holding her own on screen with some pretty big names!

The movie delivered on a lot of different levels. Laughs, some intensity and drama, and sadness. The full scale.

spoiler*****************

I will admit I thought from previews the movie would be a bit more intense and darker than it turned out to be.. not that this is a bad thing as it turned out great.. but the trailers were a touch misleading I thought afterward.

2True Grit remake Empty Re: True Grit remake Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:01 pm

Severed Feet

It's not a remake, fyi.

This newer movie is directly based on the book, and took no inspiration from the previous movie.

I thought it was awesome.

3True Grit remake Empty Re: True Grit remake Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Jimmy

TBH I didnt even intend to title it that way lol, damn 10 character minimum hosed me. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum