TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

World of Tanks

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1World of Tanks Empty World of Tanks Tue May 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Jimmy

Have you all heard of this game. I dig it so I thought I should share. Basically it's an MMO/Tank FPS lol.. but it's free. There are micro transactions in the game that can cost but arent required. Pretty much the typical free MMO format.

So the gameplay.. you start wioth 3 tanks and you simply go battle - which is simply playing a map 15 vs 15 where you can either eliminate the other team or capture their base (think domination in CoD sorta) and then back to your garage to repair and research new eqpt to add to your tank.

Here's a cool tip.. when you die in battle you dont have to wait for the map/match to end.. exot battle and grab another tank and go battle some more.

Stick with the other tanks when you battle. Lone wolfing will almost assure you a quick death.

Man this game takes me back to war games from my time in the army. I was in a Bradley Fighting Vehicle so not exactly a tank (it was an assualt vehicle with a 6 man squad in the back, and carried a 25mm main cannon along with a .50 cal and two tow missles - good times!!!)

Check it out.. free and gives a nice change of pace while still offering much of that FPS flavor we all seem to dig!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Wed May 11, 2011 8:01 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

this game was mentioned in an article as one of the best free games out there. Also, a bunch of friends have been playing this game (which I mock daily)...I might actually have to break down and take a look at it now that my main man Lethal gave its approval.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

3World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Thu May 12, 2011 8:09 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

ok I tried it last night, not much impressed yet but it was free. I imagine it gets more fun when you have a tank that can actual move faster than a glacier. I did kill 2 tanks in 3 games though (but then some friends jumped on black ops and I followed...so I'm only 3 rounds in)

4World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Mon May 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Jimmy

oh yes... those starter tanks move at a snails pace. My favorite was the MS-1 for those tanks. It ends up with a .45mm cannon on it and will surprise some bigger tanks lol.

I played in a platoon late last night with two buddies and the voice-comms were helpful. Matchmaking tends to suck though and we got dumped into battles with tanks we really couldnt deal with very well.

I think the German line is the easiest to get into quality tanks with. I wasnt a big fan of their starter tank but the Panzer 35t is my all-time most successful so far. I had 6 kills with that tank in one round, my best effort. Currently playing a Panzer III tank.

Last edited by Jimmy on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

5World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Jimmy

so I've progressed pretty far now and still enjoying this game alot. Pretty much the only game i've been playing lately. It's FPS which I like of course but it's just a completley different take on it because of the tanks. It's just so cool to fire the 107MM on my KV and blast some poor scrub! Shocked

6World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Jimmy

game was reviewed recently.. for those who havent checked it out read this review.

seriously.. for a free game (mmo) it's great fun. king giving it a try requires merely a download. come play!

here's a pic from a big battle that took place at the crest of a hill. Yes i'm one of the smoking hulks lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

7World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Jimmy

i hate you all! Twisted Evil this game is fun! i'm taking my tank and going home!

8World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:14 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

just couldn't get into it and I don't have the time to invest in leveling up. I'm just playing Black Ops and BFBC2 until BF3 comes out.

9World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:59 am

Res

i'm using a borrowed lap top at the moment that can hardly handle running a web browser, let alone play a game. once i get a competent machine i'll join up.

10World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:34 am

Jimmy

lol no worries - didnt really mean to guilt ya all! it's all good.

11World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:49 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

sorry you misunderstood jimmy, I meant to say that game if for freaking fags that like to wear their mommy's panties....hence why I am sticking with BFBC2 and COD:BO til BF3

12World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:41 am

Jimmy

i did understand. before my post relieved you of your worries - you posted in fear with your meek attempt to appease the alpha - but after my post when you saw all was good - your balls dropped again - and you felt safe enough to show your ass! jocolor

here.. have a cherry to go with my nuts on your chin! king

13World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

*golf clap* well done my young apprentice....well done

14World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Jimmy

I'm lonely in my big wide World of Tanks Sad

Such a fun game. It's free scrub cakes.. try it!

15World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:38 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I did try it....toooooo freaking slow. My current clan is big into it XuG, they are always looking for more recruits Jimmy, if interested let me know, you'll have to get on Teamspeak

16World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Jimmy

only the early taks are slow, well and some later on big heavy tanks. but you'd only use those my choice. prefer speed.. the medium tank lines would be the way to go.

It's a great game.. gotta get past the scrub tanks you start out with and find your niche!

I have a big boy heavy tank (IS4) and some other heavy tanks but my favorites are the mediums (Patton, Pershing, Type 59) with speed and heavy hitting guns, especially my Patton!

17World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

my problem is, between BF3, MW3, and Skyrim.....I just don't have time for any other game...though Skyrim is losing it's fun factor for me.

18World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Res

downloading it now jimmy... username is drktrs

19World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Jimmy

cool res! 1st ten battles I think are limited to straight noobs.. I cant platoon with ya.

username - Messerchantz (I'm not sure where this name came from but lethal as usual was gone.. and this name I used way way back in the day for some old RPG's)

oh and those early tanks suck!! but the best of them is the MS-1

20World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:23 pm

Res

played a couple of rounds, didnt kill anybody. i'm clueless as fuck, help me out haha

21World of Tanks Empty Re: World of Tanks Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Jimmy

shoot their sides! the sides of hulls are most penetrable! other tanks have armor and slopes whuich can bounce shots so shoot close to 90 degree angles as often as you can.

quick 2 minute (thats what she said) tutorial

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum