TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

BF3 or MW3 or both?

+2
Severed Feet
Zebug
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty BF3 or MW3 or both? Tue May 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Just wondering what people are feeling now that both of these games are going to be released about the same time (though no specific date for BF3 has been announced).

I'll probably get both games, I only played BFBC2 from the BF franchise and only COD:BO from the COD franchise but I really like both.

I LOVE the destructible environments of BF and the realism of the game (bullet drop for instance). Love all the vehicles, which I never really operate, I just like blowing them up and again, it gives a realistic feeling to the game. Talking about realism, the sound is just freaking amazing in BFBC2, which really drew me in. Also, I like the squad play where you can respawn where someone in your squad is...good teamwork building game.

as for COD:BO, I love the pace. Run & Gun makes it exciting. Killstreaks are interesting. I don't think the graphics are as nice as BFBC2, but they aren't bad whatsoever. Hmmm, now that I type it out, I guess I'm looking more forward to BF3 but I do truly enjoy both styles very much.

Any thoughts on how you people are going to go?

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

2BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Tue May 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Severed Feet

Both; two different types of games.

3BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Tue May 24, 2011 6:12 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

oh and for the record, I plan on getting both

4BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Tue May 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Duke Nukem

BF3 if it turns out to be good... Not MW3. I'm sick of COD in general, and I do not like MW2 (which my little noob brother loves).

5BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Wed May 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Jimmy

I'll be getting BF3 - hell my new computer I'm planning is geared around running that game as it's going the be a graphics monster.

MW3 will depend on dedicated servers first and foremost. If they stay with matchmaking I'll skip it like I did MW2

6BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Thu May 26, 2011 7:32 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

to be honest, I didn't even think it was possible that they would stay with matchmaking after the complete failure that was MW2...it goes without saying that if there aren't dedi's, then there won't be a Zebug running around MW3

7BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:17 pm

Jimmy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

no dedicated servers.. lost my $$ (on a good note it does extend Blops life cycle on PC I'd presume)

8BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

lol, well that settles it.....BF3 just won

9BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:31 am

Severed Feet

Lol yeah, pretty much.

10BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Jimmy

so now they are backtracking and saying they might have dedi servers after all...

It seems reading that they have realized where they so many PC gamers. Especially if they look at the numbers for MW2 versus BLOPS on PC. Add to that this week where they saw how awesome BF3 was looking and the way BF3 has been built with PC being the primary platform and the consoles getting the ports and they can certainly see potential losses looming.

Personally I think the two games dont really fit the same niche within the FPS genre but for whatever reason they have certainly been pitted against each other. I know I'm getting BF3.. I liked BC2 but the core gameplay in BLOPS to me was better. Basically 'search and destroy' is a better game mode for me than 'rush' in the battlefield series. Both are very similar in objectives but the rush mode had to much cheapness (mostly due to spawn system versus the rounds system with death that s&d uses and was made so popular in CS). I hated people crashing choppers behind enemy lines just to camp and spawn squadmates over and over.. so cheap and all claims of realism in BF are lost when that crap happens. How can a team defend when their lines can be broken by cheapness and spawned behind routinely. Answer, you cant, and thats why the offensive side won so much.

lol i'm going on and on.. I got good sleep last night and my mind is fresh!!

11BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:30 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I hate SnD, eventhough that is what I grew up on with CS....I guess I'm just done with it. I'm not a fan of the killstreaks and to me COD just looks soooo much more arcade/cartoon like. BF3 looks amazing and if the sound is anything like BC2 then I'm 100% on board, though I will buy both if MW3 has dedi's

12BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Activision can blow me, you can see that they just don't care about the PC community in his statements, and as I business model that actually makes sense because PC is indeed such a small audience, but I'm part of that audience so I'll spend my money on BF3:

13BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:45 pm

Jimmy

Well I wont go all out bashing on Activision cause they have their good sides (Blizzard!!) but in general, yes they are not really taking the PC community very seriously.

What's strange though.. since E3 they have been some scrambling and comments like they fear BF3 still despite the comments about not seeing it on consoles. There was also a big blog about him wanting to try it at E3 and EA said no. Lol. doesn't he know PC's are more powerful.. they can pair it down for the consoles.

Oh well..

14BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:52 pm

Res

played some bfbc2 today and man, i forgot how much that game blows black ops out of the water. sorry, but blops is too arcade for me... bf all the way.

15BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:39 am

Incubus

BF3 will be out october 25th if you didnt know. Can't wait

16BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Severed Feet

'nuff... seen.

Oh, and, LMAO at the little bot.

17BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

tissue please

18BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Duke Nukem

Bobby K is the new dark lord of the video game world.

But look at this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"...You Alt-Tab or close the game and go to Battlelog. Infact, you can get to the Main Menu of the game from anywhere you have the net” (console versions of Battlefield 3 WILL be getting an in-game server browser)

Kertz defended the system, equating it to the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 server browser. “In Bad Company 2, if you wanted to change servers, you had to quit the round and then load another map. This is no different at all,” he tweets.

Uhhh what? You didnt have to shrink or quit out of the damn game to switch servers in BC2, Thats not the same! Sorry but that is a very dumb idea. Why do consoles get a server browser and PC players have to stop playing, open up IE/Firefox logon to a damn social/gaming networking website to friggin join a sever?

19BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:51 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

ya I don't get it either, but the alpha players said it really wasn't that bad so I will await judgement til I see it in person.

20BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Severed Feet

I was in the alpha.
From my limited experience, I liked it a lot.
It's pretty much a game integrated into your browser.
So basically, you don't have to "boot up" your game. When you want to play, you start up the game, but it loads in your browser, during which time you can browse the internet or look at your in-game profile without a hitch. Then, you join a server, and again it does all the loading in the background, and when it's good to go, it opens up.

In all honesty all they did was take the pre-server ui and stick it into a webpage.

And Duke, you're making no sense.
Stop playing to join a new server is... well... what you do now.
Counter strike: You leave the server you're in (stop playing), look for a new server, join it, and wait for it to load.
Battlefield3: Literally the same as above, just in an internet browser.

Your firefox/ie/chrome browser never closes when you join the actual game. When you leave a server, you're literally brought back to the webpage that handles joining servers.

21BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:32 pm

Duke Nukem

Counter strike: You leave the server you're in (stop playing), look for a new server, join it, and wait for it to load.

Nope, you can server browse (and look at your favorite servers) while still playing in a server. Smile

Last edited by Duke Nukem on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for clarity!)

22BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:02 pm

Severed Feet

You're right, haven't played in so long I'd forgotten that.
But you can't do that in newer games like CoD, if I remember correctly.

23BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Duke Nukem

Thats because Activision is turning COD into the new Madden. Every year a new game, very few changes from the previous version... All to make giant piles of money they don't share with the coders and artists who did most of the work. Poor guys...

24BF3 or MW3 or both? Empty Re: BF3 or MW3 or both? Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

hey I don't blame Activision at all, why fix what ain't broken. Now as a gamer myself I think what they are doing is crap, but the continually sell more than they did the previous remake so why change it. I blame the console kiddies that suck it up like crack.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum