TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

TGA » Topics » Sports Talk » Golf

Golf

+2
Zebug
Jimmy
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Jimmy

My wrist is all healed and I am in massive withdrawal for some golf. I need that escape that golf offers. I need the competition it presents against not only my playing partners, but my own mind.

I think I'm going to schedule a lesson in the next couple of weeks. Maybe even a club fitting. Have to see how tax returns shake out but I'm hopeful. A new putter too! Maybe? Probably.

king

27Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:28 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

walking out the door to hit the links as soon as I finish this forum

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

28Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:59 am

Jimmy

shank a couple, skull a couple, and putt like a blind man on a couple holes for me brother! king I'm beyond envious.

29Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Jimmy

So... how did you play?

I'm doing taxes this weekend and I'm scheduling a lesson and at minimum a driver fitting.

I was at a dinner with friends last week after my good buddy's Grandma passed away and we were talking to a guy that hasn't come around much the last few years (cause his wife is a complete snob that hates his friends) about starting up some golf, and he asked me how I got started. He was shocked when I told him self taught from youtube! loL. I think I did a really good job of building fundamentals in my swing but I am wayyy apprehensive about what might be said in a lesson, loL.

30Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:40 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I did about normal, started off rough in the light rain but picked it up on the back 9. I think I shot a 101 on a course I haven't played for years (if ever...couldn't recall for sure as the place I went had 3-18 holes tracks to choose from and wasn't sure if I ever played that particular one)

31Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Jimmy

what ball do you typically play Ze? I'm thinking you had said calloways. I've finished last playing the bridgestone fix which is just a 2 piece ball for high handicappers such as myself. It replaced the TM Burners I had been using. Seemed to fly just a touch straighter for me.

32Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:09 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

ya, I always go for a mid-range Callaway, not the top shelf tour balls. I normally hit the Diablo, not a fan of the Warbird, just seems too hard for me. Freaking love the Tour i balls, but they are too pricey for my game at the moment (they are similar to the Pro-V 1's if you ever hit one of those.

So if I find a Pro V 1 or a Callaway tour, I will play it unless its like an island green or something where I will most likely loose it.

And to be honest, I had a pack of the Solaire's which I didn't know at the time was a woman's ball....it went straight and true for me as I do have a slower swing (80-85 mph at impact).

33Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Jimmy

played my 1st round of the year. took a step back from where i finished last year for sure. it was better than my 1st round of the year last year though.

driver - decent all day - only hit one mulligan

hybrid - knuckled that fucker all day. i dont think i had a clean first swing with it once except for a tee shot i used it on to lay up short of some water. just kept kncukling the top of it and costing strokes.

irons - meh all day. spraying the ball right mostly, like i just wasnt getting all the way around. my best iron swing all day was a 9 iron that i blasted perfectly high in the air over a tree that was directly between me and the green that was 85 yards away.. but i used the wrong club.. my 9 iron out of the rough went 111 yards (i should know that.. it's been roughly that distance all along) and left myself over the damn green on the other side..

short game - brutal! on at least 2 holes i chipped it right over the green and my one lone good chip of the day hit the cup and shot it 12 feet passed!

putter - good reads all day.. wrong speed all day. it was tough because i was constantly above the cup. treacherous downhill putts all day and i was so mad cause i read them well but had the speed off everytime. i didnt make any putts worth mentioning. my best was some shitty par save from about 6 feet.. yeah.. that's it.

overall it was good to be out there and everything i was doing wrong had a lot of rust factor to it. no real mechanics issues except the hybrid and not quite getting around on the irons.

34Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:13 pm

kristi

kristi

moral of that story?....quit golf

lol!

35Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Jimmy

lol! i think i'll go ahead and stick with it madam punkyness! some day i will post here great tales of success.. or at least a funny story of how my clubs landed in the pond!

36Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

nice, I need to get out a little bit soon. Going for my annual guys weekend golf outing in Austin at the end of April...play some VERY nice courses out there and don't want to completely blow the cash.....though at least half of the trip is the good times to be had in the evening on 6th street.

37Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Jimmy

I think my buddy's and i are going to hit up a couple courses down in arkansas some weekend. one buddy found a great deal down there. the only problem in my view .. holy elevations batman! i'm sure those course will beat me senseless but we'll see.

38Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Jimmy

new putter! milled face Smile I've read amazing opinions on these putters on my golf forums (golfwrx - awesome site)

here's what I have now - the Cleveland Classic #4 in platinum

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cheers

I was so sick of my last putter (Odyssey White hot XG #1) because the insert just throws me off so often. With my starter putter Ihad way better distance control although it was just too light overall and took a lot of effort to put anything behind it. It was a cheap older Wilson putter - not to be confused with the new wilson staff putters that are also getting high marks.

If you've wanted a new putter to look at - take a look at these. Only $59 bucks at Dicks and everyone has been commenting that they should sell for much more. Odyssey milled face putter are near 200 and Scotty Camerons as well.. and yet these putters are being noted as just as good in the soft milled feel dept. Can't wait to get my first full round with it.

39Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Fri May 06, 2011 11:17 am

Jimmy

oh man... this is awesome!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

40Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Sat May 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

nice, tell me how you like it on the course.

As for Charles...I can't believe one of the best NBA players of all time is so uncoordinated that he can't even come close to a proper golf swing.

41Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Tue May 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Jimmy

I played Sunday and it was pretty good. A lot better distance control but man did lip out a ton of putts. Not the putters fault... I suck! (it was a rough day overall and just a rough weekend in general so my heart was not in it)

42Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Sun May 15, 2011 5:38 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

shot my best round ever, 95 (49/46), 4th time I ever broke 100. Really focused on keeping that damn head down and not trying to kill the ball. Twas a beautiful day as well, only one snowman on my card and that was on the par 5 18th which was about 570 into a stiff wind.

Short game was one, my PW was dialed in today (and I think that is the only day it has ever been dialed in)

43Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Mon May 16, 2011 3:54 pm

Jimmy

nice score, congratz cheers

I hope to play again this weekend. Last time out I was just not get around on my swing at all. Hitting off the toe a lot or chunking the ball with way too much ground. Just bad overall ball striking.

44Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Tue May 17, 2011 11:35 am

Res

still haven't played this year with all of this rain, blah.

45Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Wed May 18, 2011 10:23 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

rain.....what is that? Here in Houston we are 10" behind normal already this year. The month of April we had 0.1" officially. Hence, at the end of April I crushed a drive 370 yards center fairway on a par 5 (down hill slope plus a fairway as hard as a cartpath). Went driver, 6-iron on a par 5 (still fucking 3-putt for mother fucking par)

46Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Mr.Cheese

I played a fund raising tournament this year for a friend of mines wife. A 9 hole practice course, 4 person team, best ball. 2 par 4's rest 3's. We shot a 29 (drunk off our ass's), 5 way tie for first, then had a longest drive playoff. One off the tee, Nike ignite, buddies driver, best ball I ever hit, strait as an arrow, and well over 300 yards! Granted high to low ground. Shocked First golf this year and I think I wet myself... but don't tell anyone! Cool
By the way..... it was a range ball! Twisted Evil

47Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

damn, add about another 10-15 yards if that was a range ball, I can't hit those for anything.

So, about a month ago, shot a personal best 95 (about the 5th time I broke 100). Well the 4th of July went back out and shattered that one with a personal best 89!!!!

Everything was just smooth, only missed 3 fairways and 2 of those I still had a clear approach shot. My PW was dead on that day, dropping just about anything from inside 50 yards within 10-15 feet from the pin. Can't wait to get back out there.

48Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Mr.Cheese

Ze..... thats nice golfing, PW rocks! Stop it when you want and only have to touch it! Nice job bud!

49Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Jimmy

so jealous! nice rounds guys! Ze a personal low, awesome! Mine is still the 90 I shot last year. Have hardly played this year. Sad I'm going to have to finish strong it seems and play a lot late summer and fall.

50Golf - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:13 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

so, this past weekend we did a Ryder Cup format with 12 guys (tried to get 16 but for the first of an annual tournament, I think we did ok with 12).

First day was Saturday (after drinking til about 2:00am friday night). First tee time was at 10:00am so it was only about 489 degrees out. Front 9 was best ball, back 9 was alternate shot. Played ok, ended up in a tie against my opponent so we split the point. Team score was 2-1 at the end of the day with 6 points up for grabs in head-head match play for day 2. I did win the longest drive hole that we had (put in $5 for closest to the pin and $5 for longest drive) so I got $60 from that drive of about 280 yards, dead center of the fairway...almost paid for my green fee.

Day 2, played Tour 18 (which for those who don't know, model's their holes after some of the famous holes throughout the country). I birdied the remake of the 17th at Sawgrass (the island green, par 3).

Fast forward to the last hole, I was the last group. I was down heading into the last hole by 1 and I was giving up a stroke to my opponent (we handicapped it). I needed to win the hole to force a split in my match which would split the entire tourney. So I need to win the hole by 2 strokes since he was getting 1.

Bottom line, I ended up in a greenside bunker laying 3. He had a rough time with his drive and ended up on the green in 5 about 10' from the hole. The worse he could do is 2 putt for a 7 so I HAD to get up and down for my bogey from the sand with a lake on the other side of the green....oh didn't mention that if we lost, I would have been out ~$600 (losing team was going to take winning team to the best steak house in houston....wives/gf's included so its about $150/person at this place).

So $600 on the line, gotta get up and down to win the hole, hence tie the match, and tie the entire tournament with the other 11 guys standing around the green watching. Sand shot was as good as I could do, dropped well short of the pin on the downward sloping green and it rolled about 12' past the hole. I was still out, announcer in a whisper voice, "he needs this putt to have a shot at winning the hole" I take my line and drop that mother fucker dead center of the cup. The crowd goes wild, its pandemonium on the course. Then the crowd goes silent as my opponent has a chance to sink his 10' for a 6 which would halve the hole and hence we would lose the tourny. He just barely missed it right edge. So the end results Team USA (my team) 4-1/2 to Team Europe 4-1/2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TGA » Topics » Sports Talk » Golf

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum