TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Old Republic

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Old Republic Empty The Old Republic Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:30 pm

Severed Feet

Has taken over my liiiife!

2The Old Republic Empty Re: The Old Republic Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Jimmy

i have a buddy pushing me to try this game. I thought it was made by the same folks that did city of heroes/villians and i didnt dig their style.

give your impressions sev. kthx Basketball

3The Old Republic Empty Re: The Old Republic Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:21 pm

Severed Feet

Definitely not City of Heroes, lol.

The game is amazing. Ignore every naysayer complaining about any issues - this is literally the best MMO launch I've ever experienced.

In a nutshell, it's everything you'd expect out of an MMO (read: Great if you like MMOs, not revolutionary, and thus, best to avoid if you don't like MMOs) but with MUUUCH more of a personal feel to it.
EVERY piece of dialogue in the game is voice-overed. I'm not exaggerating.
You actually feel like you're a part of the story not just some minion who happens to be around when the baddies show up. Starting from level 1, no less.

Great game. Especially if you even -like- star wars. I can't stop thinking about Star Wars now, lol.

4The Old Republic Empty Re: The Old Republic Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Jimmy

cool review, thank you Sev

5The Old Republic Empty Re: The Old Republic Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:13 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Nice review...

Kinda into DC universe now a days since they made it completely free to play. I can't say that I feel part of the story yet.

6The Old Republic Empty Re: The Old Republic Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:01 am

Severed Feet

Oh I forgot to mention.

The game encourages alts, in a few ways.
The Empire and Republic each have 4 classes (each have two Advanced Classes, but their stories are the same) and each class has it's own, personal, unique story-line. That's eight story-lines. Oh, and you can have Republic and Imperial characters on the same server.
I just hit 50 tonight, and I just became a Darth. And a lot of awesome stuff happened from 1-50, lol.

Also, once you finish Act 1 of your first character's story (around level 30-33), you unlock your Legacy. As of right now, all you do is create a last name for yourself, but Bioware has already stated the legacy is pretty much in it's infant stage atm and really isn't even implemented yet.
The neat thing is, though, that once you unlock your legacy on once character, you've unlocked it for every character you make on that server. You get a separate experience bar that is shared for every character you make.

7The Old Republic Empty Re: The Old Republic Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:01 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

sounds cool, but between Skyrim, BF3, and MW3, and sex...I just don't have any time.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum