TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

COD Black Op's

+4
FireSnake
Severed Feet
Res
Zebug
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:46 am

Severed Feet

Could also just be that region's version of the game.
I wouldn't panic until the major NA market starts to see issues as well.

I'm hopefully going to buy it tomorrow. Smile
Kind of pumped about it lol.

27COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:13 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

hmmmm day one of release and there are issues....who would have thunk it? Every game is going to have issues on day one and every game is going to be a console port from now on....the money is in the consoles.

by the way, what are his comp specs? The min req were pretty high. I'm walking out of here in 45 minutes to go pick it up, will report back in a few hours.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

28COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:22 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

well I had zero lag or issues last night on MP. Was fun, Lethal and I joined the same server...I think he owned me once. Played a little single player too, its ok, a little whacky for me so far, not really a smooth storyline just yet but I think that is intended at this point and will all come together later.

I do think you really need a decent comp for the game though, tons of threads stating issues (and most of the time when you ask for their specs they are below min req).

now that I say that, I see a post from a gameserver staff member stating the following regarding lag/low FPS:

It is not to do with PC specs or server configuration there would appear to be a bug in the game that is causing graphical lag spikes to a specific people. The developers have been made aware of this bug and they are looking into it.

29COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Jimmy

I'll consider myself one of the lucky ones. Really didnt experience the troubles. I get a slight touch of lag in game and lag spots while in menu screens. nothing like the worst cases being reported wide spread.

Some random screenies:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

30COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:04 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

I am getting this but for the PS3. I can't see spending money on the pc right now to fix the mobo. Wife's computer is becoming flaky too...damn PC's!!! Got hers up and running but I wouldn't trust this game on it.

31COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:06 pm

Severed Feet

Installing

32COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:32 pm

Severed Feet

Yeah... I'm above min req's and even if I lower the settings as far as they can go I still get fps lag like crazy.
(2.83ghz dual core/8800gt/3gigs ram)

I can play MW2 on full specs perfectly fine.

Hope they fix this ish.

33COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:33 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Sev what CPU do you have anyway? Intel or AMD?

anyway, I played a little solo zombie mode last night for about 10 minutes....its freaking scary man. All in all, the entire game is fun so far. The RC car is awesome.

Hey, how do you use the care packages? I got a care package kill streak yesterday but didn't know what to do once the crate dropped and I got killed before I could figure it out.

34COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:11 pm

Jimmy

Zebug wrote:Sev what CPU do you have anyway? Intel or AMD?

anyway, I played a little solo zombie mode last night for about 10 minutes....its freaking scary man. All in all, the entire game is fun so far. The RC car is awesome.

Hey, how do you use the care packages? I got a care package kill streak yesterday but didn't know what to do once the crate dropped and I got killed before I could figure it out.

Care package you open with the same button you plant/defuse with. Smile

35COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:30 pm

Severed Feet

Intel Core2 Duo E8300

I've been camping the official CoD forums ever since they came back from being down and the head honchos have pretty much acknowledged there are both client frame rate issues and server-side lag issues.

I played zombies by myself for about 5 minutes and kind of forgot to pay attention to see if I was fps-lagging (was more just trying to learn the level layout) but I'm pretty sure I wasn't.

On a side note, solo zombies is hard as shit, lol.

I've got mucho crapo to do for school next two days so what little free time I have will be spent on singleplayer until they fix the issues.

36COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

lol yes solo zombies is rough. I haven't figured out where to go to turn the power on in the first level lol but I only played one time until I died then went to bed.

37COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Severed Feet

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In case you guys haven't found this out yet or heard about it.
It's pretty sweet lol. Feel like a hacker trying to figure out PW's. Razz

38COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

thats pretty cool...but I wonder how much space that is taking up? Probably made my install of the game 30 seconds longer.....I WANT MY 30 SECONDS BACK!!!!!!

39COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:29 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Lethal...what about your server man? Do you have it or what?

40COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:03 pm

Jimmy

Zebug wrote:Lethal...what about your server man? Do you have it or what?

I do. You can add it to your favorites, just look for Death Edict in the ranked server list, clear your filters! Then add it to your favorites. I was hoping to mess with it this weekend some more. I set it to S&D hardcore but it keeps changing back to just rotating thru modes. it's like my changes in rcon dont stick Sad Any messages i added to loop dissappear as well.

I found the NC (new centurians) server (I played on their WaW server exclusively) and I like their setup.. they always played tactical search and destroy in hardcore mode. tactical means shooting with sights up only, no ledging, no blind grenades except when clearing a room, no blind spam into smoke or otherwise, no bunny hops or dolphin dives. the might have a few others. GA (goblin army) is also a tactical server but thehy hadnt gotten all their setup yet either.

That all said. Right now it's just you, me, and sev. So we will need to pick a time to try and bring some traffic thru. Once people come in and like the experience.. they will favorite much like i did with NC and GA.

That all said.. really wish more folks would get it. Para, Duke, Fire (screw you and your ps3 you panzy assed donkey freak show), and Max for example. Max said he's getting it soon. Not sure if Jon or Incy or others are. I know Inky has the rig to run it if he plays BC2.

I'm a search and destroy hardcore whore though. just sayin..

41COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Res

I would get it, but my laptop isn't built for gaming to be honest. sounds fun though. most gaming I do is on ps3 because it can handle it.

42COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:45 pm

RP

RP

I might get it eventually... Trying to stay focused on doing some freelance work at the moment. Gotta make that $$!

http://www.one22designs.com

43COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:48 pm

Duke Nukem

Res wrote:I would get it, but my laptop isn't built for gaming to be honest. sounds fun though. most gaming I do is on ps3 because it can handle it.

Buy a better computer then damnit! lol Trust me, if you need help building a cheap gaming rig, I can help. Smile

My brother's Xbox shall arrive today at the repair center so maybe I can rent Black Ops in a few weeks. And if the single player is as good as people claim it, then I will pick it up in the future.

In related news... If you didnt think Activision was milking the series, this should prove it to you:
Activision's next COD... is in Space.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

44COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:53 pm

Severed Feet

They fixed the lag!
Yaaaaay!

Still can't find the server, though.

45COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Jimmy

read today they fixed the server browser, should be able to see all servers now instead of like 700 or so.. lol.

when i get back on steam I'm going to message you guys (ze and sev) the rcon password so you have access.

you can send rcon commands in game, or use the stand alone rcon tool by:

Opening Steam
Click on Library Tab
Click on Tools
Install Call of Duty Black Ops - Remote Admin Tool

here's the in game way - info gathered from various posts in the linked thread /credit

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

1. Type: /rcon host <ip-adress of your gameserver>
2 Type: /rcon login <Password to your recon>

(Dont use the <> when you executing commands)

3 Test it out: Try execute a command like:

/rcon say hi. (This msg will be shown where all other messages appear, but it will be from "console")

Or try /rcon status (Make sure you got console "fullscreen" else you wont see any difference)
To get "console fullscreen" hold shift then press ยง.

Hope it works for you too!

Some commands:

/rcon status (lists plyer id's for all on sever)
/rcon kick (Normal kick with username, you can add reason behinde name)
/rcon clientkick (Kicks with the client number you find in /rcon status)
/rcon tempbanuser (Ban with username)
/rcon tempbanclient (Ban with client ID)
/rcon banuser (same as tempbanuser)
/rcon banclient (same as tempbanclient)
/rcon map_rotate (changes to next map)
/rcon playlist (changes game type - see stand alone version for playlist #'s)

46COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:29 am

RP

RP

OK, so I went ahead and bought it! Nights get lonely as hell with the wife at work! Hopefully this thing downloads quick!

http://www.one22designs.com

47COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:23 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

good job RP.

Also, I found the server lethal, its in my favorites now.

48COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Jimmy

max is downloading today and I talked to para on steam and he bought the game too. With RP, Sev, myself, and you.. thats 6. That number is important because thats the minimum required for the actual game to play.. otherwise everyone is just in free for all mode while waiting for other players. They really should drop that number to 4 /2cents

49COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Hey even with 6 people in the server you will fill it up pretty quick. I played with some

friends from my old clan, we found an empty server, joined and then people just started pouring in.

Wife and kid got sick this weekend so I'm playing doctor else I'd be on more.

By the way, what's the story behind the name of the server?

50COD Black Op's - Page 2 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:19 pm

Jimmy

Zebug wrote:

By the way, what's the story behind the name of the server?

not a clan... just matches the steam group. the TGA name has become almost toxic. The TGA name is on life support really. Wanted something fresh and not hung under the TGA banner.

Has everyone checked out the theater? It's working now and it's awesome. Not only can you watch your own matches, or any player in that match.. you can watch your friends recent games.. and even people you just played with recent games (that were even played without you). pretty damned cool! No one has to fraps and youtube post. It's all in game now and automatic! Awesome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum