TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Battlefield 3

+4
QwkSylver
Zebug
Severed Feet
Jimmy
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Jimmy

try and play with a friend. I've heard a ton of bad beta reviews. this separate program is making people mad. cant join with a buddy and get in the same squad.. cant change squads in game anymore.. dumb stuff like that. plus voice in game is still... junk? it is also done out of the game.

as much as I'd like to play this game.. I just cant buy in to an fps that doesnt have in game voice and team changes that are seamless. right now.. there really isnt an fps for me to play. No

27Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:04 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

well its a beta, not all of the functionality is there. You can join a friend easily but you are right, you don't have any control over getting in the squad (for now). There is an option in game to change teams/squad but it's not clickable right now in the Beta but the option is there so I assume it will be in the actual game.

Noone uses voice anymore other than TS/Vent in any game.

My only problem is with using a web browser to launch the game, its stupid, gay, moronic, silly, etc. And for whatever reason, it takes me multiple attempts to load the game, it starts to load, "joining friend" then "connecting" then "logging on" the "initializing" then "loading level" then "Play game" and it can just stop that process at any particular moment in the sequence. Again, I'm attributing this to the Beta and hopefully it will be fixed for me come actual release or shortly thereafter. EVERY game will be full of bugs at first release...EVERY game. It isn't until a couple months later that it is a smooth finished product.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

28Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:07 am

Severed Feet

I've had no problems with the client.
I just switched what squads I was in last night - albeit it randomly selects a squad for you.

Dice has explicitly said that the build we are playing on for the Beta is no where near the newest build.
This is a Beta, not a demo.

I'm not going to put off buy an amazing game because I don't like the way you join a server or because the in-game voice chat isn't amazing.

29Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:03 pm

Severed Feet

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

30Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Severed Feet

Further proof people are over-reacting to the Beta:
Squads management is currently just as Beta-fied as the game is.

You are correct though, the BETA squad system is broken and a known bug.

31Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Jimmy

Severed Feet wrote:I've had no problems with the client.
I just switched what squads I was in last night - albeit it randomly selects a squad for you.

Dice has explicitly said that the build we are playing on for the Beta is no where near the newest build.
This is a Beta, not a demo.

I'm not going to put off buy an amazing game because I don't like the way you join a server or because the in-game voice chat isn't amazing.

in game voice is a big deal breaker. i dont play on teamspeak or vent or anything like that. i join games almost always solo.. and want to communicate in the heat of battle with my team. bc2 in game voice never worked for me and to be honest.. dice IMO has a horrible track record with such things. bc2 had all sorts of problems at launch last year. couldnt even pick a server remember? never got my joystick to work either. their interfaces are cluncky at best.

now I've read on this one before jumping in about the squad changes being out of our control (on the rare occassion i did get someone to play with like max). how about changing settings.. lol.. not until you JOIN the game and then after changing them.. you have to EXIT for them to actually change? i mean honestly.. that's beyond stupid.

maybe this is a very old build and much will change - i guess one could hold out hope for that to be the case (not that it's an older build.. i'm speaking about how much of these methods will actally change), but man.. the game is 21 days away. and what would be the point of beta testing a bunch of stuff that is no longer relevant anyway?

as someone who bought bc2 on launch day - lesson learned! amazing graphics arent the end all be all. i hope it ends up good.. the single player tank mission looked extremely epic.

32Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Jimmy

*update* looks like squad management is moved in game now.. there's on smart step they've made.

anyway.. for something on the more awesome side of the table.. enjoy some in game plane footage!

33Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Remember, this is a beta and not, repeat, not a demo. This was started to test server things not much else beyond that. Regarding squads, from a dev,

In short answer form, yes you can browse and join squads through the squad screen and make private squads

Of course they were going to let you join squads and make squads, this is a team based game. Of course they will allow you to customize your kit before you respawn, there are so many things people complain about. Was Black Ops perfect on release, not at all, was BFBC2, not a chance, will any game ever be good at release....nope, never. That is why they have release day patches and patches about once a week for months.

Bottom line, this game is awesome. I've been playing with up to 6 friends a night, we are all on TS and have a blast. Join me sometime, the crew is very cool.

34Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:12 pm

Severed Feet

Just saw it, haven't watch it, am skeptical.

35Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:32 am

Severed Feet

Caspian Border map open to all now.
However, I just tried to play and everyone is lagging ridiculously bad.

36Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Bertuzzi#44

Anyone planning to play this on xbox?

I love you

37Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:27 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

holy crap, look what the cat dragged in.

And no....FPS on consoles go together like....well I'm really tired but insert two things that don't go together well.

38Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Res

bert? holy shit, talk about long time no see. how you been?

39Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:31 pm

jerk_dgilmore

Ill probally be on xbox with it.. heck i havent even booted up my computer in over a year Wink might need to dust it off and see if my steam still works..
Gamertag is MotorJerk

40Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Bertuzzi#44

Hey res.. been good thanks, how bout you? I'm always still around, just most friends play on xbox so I just play on that now.

41Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

more BF3 info:

42Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:52 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

they knocked it out of the park on this game. Freaking awesome, pretty good day 1 release in that there weren't too many problems. The sound is just amazing and the graphics are first class.

Anyone playing on PC add me as a friend, search Zebug69 on battlelog. Which I must say, I am a fan of the new Battlelog. Very user friendly (once I got my antivirus to accept it).

43Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:56 am

Jimmy

whats your rig specs Ze?

what kinda settings you running?

what kinda fps you getting?

44Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:09 pm

Severed Feet

I'm Jordanonfire.

Games' amazing.
Only complaint so far:
Spawn points on Team Deathmatch are terrible

45Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Jimmy

saw this.. thought I'd share...

I havent bought it.. yet. I'm undecided still.

46Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I've got:
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Video Card: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5

running on 1600 * 900 res. On medium I get ~60FPS, High ~35-40 FPS, Ultra ~25-30FPS

And Ultra is stupidly sexy. I'm either going to crossfire my 5770's or get a new single card sometime soon. Last night I was playing on medium, I think I'm going to play on high for the most part until my rig can do better at ultra.

47Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Res

bought it for ps3. i know, i hate playing fps on consoles just as much as anyone else but i don't have a rig that can handle it so this is the next best thing. love the game, and i'm pretty damn good at it as well. raping the engineer and recon classes first, then going to assault and medic. i think i'm up to level 10 after about 5 hours of play. badass game.

48Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Jimmy

so.. about a month into the game release.. how is it? just pretty graphics or is the game play good?

49Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Res

love it. graphics are kick ass, gameplay is sweet. i haven't gotten to play it as much as i would like. i've got the engineer and assault classes all the way advanced. i could play this game for days and days if i had the time.

on a side note, my roommate is a CoD freak and bought MW3. fucking SUCKS.

50Battlefield 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:57 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Res wrote:love it. graphics are kick ass, gameplay is sweet. i haven't gotten to play it as much as i would like. i've got the engineer and assault classes all the way advanced. i could play this game for days and days if i had the time.

on a side note, my roommate is a CoD freak and bought MW3. fucking SUCKS.

I 2nd that, the gameplay is awesome, the graphics are awesome, the sound is awesome. I did buy MW3 as well....MW3 is fucking horrible. There is a reason it is getting a metascore from real people of about a 1 out of 10.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum