TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL Season 2012

+3
FireSnake
Zebug
Severed Feet
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Severed Feet

Agreed.

And, Dallas might literally lose every single player to injury this year.
Le sigh.

27NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:17 am

FireSnake

FireSnake

PFM that's who!!!!! Lol Anyway saw him tonight and saw a quickness you usually don't see in a rookie quarterback. Also I saw a 20 yard touch pass that would have made Peyton proud!!

Good "luck" to that kid.

Looking forward to seeing PFM throw for a full game this season.

28NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:23 am

Res

Luck lookin good baby!!!

29NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

you know the drill, here it is again:

For 16 straight seasons, a team that lost 10 or more games the previous year has gone on to win 10 or more games the season after. Last year we had 2 teams do it with Houston and San Fran. Lets see who can pick the team(s) this year (if any) This year, your candidates are:

Washington (5-11)
Minnesota (3-13)
Carolina (6-10)
Tampa Bay (4-12)
St Louis (2-14)
Miami (6-10)
Buffalo (6-10)
Cleveland (4-12)
Jacksonville (5-11)
Indianapolis (2-14)

I think the logical teams are Carolina and Buffalo but not sure I like either of them. I assume Cam is going to hit his sophomore slump and from what I just saw in the Buffalo/Steeler game.....the Bills have a long way to go. Will Luck or RG3 just go nuts and elevate their team....probably not. St Louis is an interesting one IMO, Bradford had his sophomore slump, they were pretty banged up (including Bradford) last year but 2-14 to 10-6 is a HUGE leap. This could be the year the streak ends too.....but someone always surprises.

Official prediction: Buffalo, they do play Miami and NYJ 4 times, should be 4 wins there. Also play Jackoffville, Indy, Zona, Seattle, ST Louis and Cleveland. They do have talent on both sides of the ball, if they can just put it together and Fitzpatrick can elevate his game a bit then I think they can pull it off.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

30NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:28 am

Severed Feet

Carolina. Maaaaybe Buffalo.

31NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:01 pm

kristi

kristi

I'm gonna go with Miami

32NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Res

Carolina, maybe Buffalo

33NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:23 pm

kristi

kristi

echo echo

34NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:53 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Carolina yea seems like they SHOULD be able to win 10 games. After seeing how terrible Buffalo really is. not seeing them making the jump. The only team that really suprised me was St Louis they barely got beat by a great Detroit team.

35NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:32 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Soooo after the first week. Who NOW is going to win the Superbowl?

Balt looked dominating! San Fran picking up from last year. Beat up Green bay. I don't believe the Giants are going to repeat. A lot of teams looked really good and the same suspects looked really bad. Other than Dallas. Going to be a good football season.

36NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

It'd be tough not to pick Baltimore, I've always thought Flacco had the potential and now they are turning the offense over to him to prove it. Much more balanced attack is possible there.

I just don't believe in SF but perhaps they prove me wrong. GB showed their weakness (can't run or play defense)...not a good combo for winning in December. Can they out gun most teams, of course they can.

and yes....regretting my Buffalo 10 to 10 team lol

37NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Severed Feet

If SF can continue to score points, then they're the odds-on favorite.

Otherwise, top contenders would be.. Baltimore, Atlanta, Denver, Houston.
Don't trust GB because of their D. NE in the same boat, although it may be better this year, hard to tell after one game versus Tennessee.

38NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:14 am

kristi

kristi

Jordan...how can you not trust GB and NE b/c of their D? I know this is a new year, BUT GB and NE had the 2 WORST defenses all 2011 and one went 15-1 and the other went to the superbowl! Never count out GB and NE (yes I'm biased, but not in this statement.) I dont know about your Atlanta pick either but I can see the others(IF P.Manning stays hot.) 49ers are good, true...but not spectacular IMO

I'd rather be hot in December and working things out in the beginning of the season than the other way around. that was our 2010 and 2011 season's to a tee

39NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:16 am

Jimmy

that worst defense stat is misleading. espn and nfl.com always use it (yards per game) though instead of the much better stat (points per game)

they were the 2 worst in yards allowed, but they were both up around middle of the league in points allowed. When you blow teams out like GB and NE are prone to do (or did in 2011) teams will rack up the yards against them.

Scoring defense and in GB's case turnover rate was a more telling stat for both in 2011.

In 2012 at least through 1 week NE defense looks improved - which is extremely dangerous to the rest of the AFC - although they did play a Titans with a rookie QB and a joke at running back (yeah I said it - selfish quitter running back!!!)

GB didn't leave the same impression although they faced a much tough opponent - and they get another test tonight (Bears look much improved in the passing threats with Marshall and Jeffery)

I think NE and Baltimore are the AFCC participants.
I think Dallas and the Niners represent the NFCC matchup!

Last edited by Jimmy on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

40NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:00 am

Severed Feet

Look at it this way, last year, about the only thing SF had going for it for 90% of the year was its defense, which no one could deny was amazing.
Now, they are scoring points it seems with much more ease (again, only one game in).

Everyone has been talking about Flacco and his new offense when Matt Ryan and the Falcons are doing to same exact thing. Only difference is, Ryan is better and has better weapons. I will say though that if they don't improve their running game you can take them off the list.

We talk every year about the teams that were bad teams that are going to improve this year. We rarely talk about the average teams that we think will get better). Or the good teams that get worse. I of course think GB will make the playoffs, but no where close to the walk-in that was last year.

I would probably re-think my NE statement because it looks like they may have found an actual running game again (but again, it was Tennessee). I guess we'll really start to find out about GB tonight Very Happy

41NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:19 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

NE looks good...tho it was a blow out of a high school team. GB I don't know something really didn't look good. No running game...guys dropping passes.

Atlanta and Balt offense's are pretty much the same I agree...but Balts Defense is A HUGE advantage over Atlanta's.

Its hard to Pick AFC because there are a lot of great teams. NE and Balt I think are a safe choice. With a outside chance for Denver and Houston.

Also the safe choice after week one is Dallas and the Niners. Both looked incredible after week one. GB and Atlanta should be in the mix.

Denver did a lot of good things against a good team. Test again Monday night. I want to see them go thru this Juggernaut first part of a schedule to see really if I pick them to go to the AFC Championships. Only have Atlanta, Houston, NE, San Diego, and New Orleans. DAMN! If we can go 5 and 2 during that stretch I would be VERY happy about our chances.

42NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Jimmy

you may be surprised about the Falcons D when you face them this week Fire.

In the front 7 Weatherspoon is a seriously good LB (although he talks a ton of trash.. a TON! Cant stand him) and Abraham hasn't lost a step at DE.

In the secondary the lost one starting CB last week (Grimes) but Samuel is there on the other side and pretty good (does take chances a lot though that'd I'd expect Manning to exploit far better than Cassel). William Moore is a really good safety as well so they have some playmakers all over that D.

43NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:52 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

some Great matchups this week. Going to be FUN to watch. Monday night is going to be a shootout. I like our Defense better than I like their Defense.

GO BRONCOS

44NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:00 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Wow what a game last night. Seriously best come back ever. That first half I was confident we weren't going to win. I mean you spot a team 24 points going into half you can't expect to win. You have exactly 2% to win. Then PFM happens...and the Defense happens and BAM. Anyway GREAT game. Loved it even the first half. Our Defense really only gave up one TD. The rest were scored off of turnovers.

45NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

so.....is Fire the only one here happy with his/her team and that was only because of a 2nd half comeback.

Steelers, KC, GB, Dallas all starting pretty poorly. only 2 teams in the AFC have a winning record.

46NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Res

colts got my hopes up with the win over GB, then shit the bed against the jets. who knows what to think.

47NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:37 am

Severed Feet

Clock management destroyed Dallas on Sunday. (And allowing a kick-off return TD)
Seriously, with somewhere around 25 seconds left AND a timeout you only get one single play off?
(Not to mention the ref totally effed up the spot after Dez's catch by not giving him forward progress, making what should have been a 48 yard FG a 51 yard attempt, but I digress).

Dallas needs a complete regime change. Also would be nice if the media would stop talking about Dallas' expectations for one season... that would be awesome.

Still think we'll be ok, though.
Philli is a sinking ship and is lucky to have the record they have. NY could be great if they didn't decide to not play well every other week.

48NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:02 am

FireSnake

FireSnake

Zebug wrote:so.....is Fire the only one here happy with his/her team and that was only because of a 2nd half comeback.

Steelers, KC, GB, Dallas all starting pretty poorly. only 2 teams in the AFC have a winning record.

Yes I was VERY angry the first half of my teams game. But that second half was one of legends. Smile

KC in the toliet being flushed by every team.
Steelers have had flashes but with out their safety they are mediocre on defense.
GB don't even know what to say...they are definitely a Jekylle and Hyde type team. Never know which team is going to show up.
Romo again one of the most over rated QB's in the league. They have all this talent and blow it every week.

49NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:30 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

so I get a daily fantasy football related email with little comments about players, injuries etc etc. This is so true about Lethal's team:

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel said he is not sure why RB Jamaal Charles only received five carries in Week 8.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

We're unsure why he is still the head coach

You have a workhorse, you weren't down by a lot ever.....ride your work horse until he cries mercy.

50NFL Season 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Season 2012 Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:46 am

Jimmy

The saving grace in this complete trainwreck is that the whole front office and staff will have to flushed! And the Chiefs will be forced to take a qb in the 1st round in the next draft. I wore a Chiefs shirt today to celebrate the loss - because it's the step back needed to finally step forward.

Geno Smith - KC Chiefs

Picking a new HC may prove more difficult - but I'm now hopping on the Andy Reid bandwagon.

Guy needs a new start and Philly needs to move on. He has a track record with QB's and limiting Charles carry's is actually good for Charles (and probably McCoy too - they just need to remember to use the other backs and still run).

No win my a drafted QB in 25 years
No first round (or 2nd round) QB drafted in 30 years (Blackledge '83)
No snap of football this season with the lead
No Playoff wins in 20 years

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum