TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

KC has a quarterback...what???

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1KC has a quarterback...what??? Empty KC has a quarterback...what??? Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:59 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

WHAT??? Well at least KC finally has a QB worth mentioning. Good for them. Its about time maybe this will allow them to at least win 8 games this year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2KC has a quarterback...what??? Empty Re: KC has a quarterback...what??? Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

about damn time, I didn't like when they first got Cassel, but Smith is a solid upgrade... he'll never be confused with the elites of the world but he's a good stepping stone for now

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

3KC has a quarterback...what??? Empty Re: KC has a quarterback...what??? Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 am

kristi

kristi

he's just cassel 2.0 Wink Wink

4KC has a quarterback...what??? Empty Re: KC has a quarterback...what??? Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:20 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

I thought that was Brady Quinn. Wink

5KC has a quarterback...what??? Empty Re: KC has a quarterback...what??? Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Jimmy

I was upset at first.. not because I dislike Alex cause I do kinda like what he offers.. but in anger I have called him Cassel 2.0! That is way unfair though.. he's much much better. Cassel was sooo atrocious.

What had me upset was I really just wanted our own guy. Tired of other teams cast off QB's.. good (Alex) or not good (Cassel). I wanted the Chiefs to get a rookie of their own and develop him. Sigh. Not gonna happen this year at least.

Alex and Andy are going to bring a ton of improvement to the Chiefs though. The defense is the best in the division, but with the inept offense last year they were in horrid situations all year long and it dragged their numbers down. They simply could not get teams into obvious situations to exploit because they were always playing from behind. Other teams had wide open playbooks and situations all year long. That D plus an improved O and you will see the Chiefs being a tough game for anyone that faces us!

KC has a QB!

6KC has a quarterback...what??? Empty Re: KC has a quarterback...what??? Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:29 am

Jimmy

so I know it's all kinda sprinkled with coach speak and team speak.. but.. I have to say I'm thrilled with everything I've heard about Alex Smith thus far (off season and OTA's) as a Chief.

He has taken command of the offense, the huddle.. the leadership. Thats a big deal. The previous QB whom shall not be mentioned by name.. lacked so much confidence in his own ability that he could never lift the offense around him. For good reason.. he lacked ability!!

The Chiefs completely overhauled the QB position with Smith, Daniel (from the Saints where he backed up Brees), Stanzi (hold over draft pick but unknown potential at this level thatnks to the train wreck coaching staff he had here before) and UDFA Tyler Bray (tons of talent but was a meathead in college.. needs to groom a lot).

I hope the top 3 stay and Bray gets one of those phantom injuries that IR him for the year (the Chiefs love to protect guys this way for development.. lol every year seems one guy gets this phantom injury in TC and is stashed for a year).

Add Andy Reid to the mix.. Bowe and Charles.. a improved OL (center back from injury and #1 draft choice Fisher). If any of the other skill positions perform it will be a seriously efficient and dangerous offense!

Can't Wait!!

7KC has a quarterback...what??? Empty Re: KC has a quarterback...what??? Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:30 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

I can bet they will win more than 2 games this year.  LOL  But not many more.

8KC has a quarterback...what??? Empty Re: KC has a quarterback...what??? Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:09 pm

Jimmy

Pfft cmon! The team is littered... LITTERED with talent. They were deficient last year in the two most important spots: QB and coaching.

Enter Alex Smith (big improvement over what we had!) and Andy Reid + staff (another massive improvement).

Crennel and his staff were terrible! And his scheme on defense was abused because the 2 gap scheme is no good in this attack passing league and even WORSE when it cannot be employed with a lead! The Chiefs led in only a handful of games all year (so sad). They almost NEVEr got a chance to pin their ears back and go after the QB (especially with Crennels bend dont break mindset on TOP of playing from behind so often that we couldn't dictate the game to the opponent) (yes.. we! lol)

It's going to be night and day different this year!

On paper.. we are loaded. 8 wins minimum or something went terribly wrong IMNSHO lol!

9KC has a quarterback...what??? Empty Re: KC has a quarterback...what??? Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:15 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I won't throw a number of win prediction out there yet, but the KC defense wasn't too bad last year, in fact they kept the Chefs in most of the games.....I think Alex Smith is a good pick up and will see a big improvement overall in the teams W-L record.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

10KC has a quarterback...what??? Empty Re: KC has a quarterback...what??? Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:25 am

FireSnake

FireSnake

We will see an improvement yes. And I thought they were a lot better team than there record suggested last year. Their defense is great. But their offense is terrible. They still don't have an offensive line. Bowe is their only offensive threat catching the ball. I think they at least need a year to find out what type of offense they want to be. Soooo maybe next year. Not this year. 6 games is all I give them maybe 7.

11KC has a quarterback...what??? Empty Re: KC has a quarterback...what??? Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:51 am

Jimmy

Our OL didnt suck, our QB's and coaching did. Check this link (fromm PFF on secret superstars - basically a player from each team that no one knows about but is good)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and in it you will read:

When looking purely at statistics, it’s no surprise that the Chiefs finished the season 2-14 in 2012. They were outscored by a league-leading 13.4 points per game, finished second to last in quarterback rating (63.8 ), and last in quarterback rating against (99.9). Those last two are an absolutely deadly combination in the NFL and no matter how well you can run or stop the run you will ultimately be doomed with those numbers.

The problem is that their record doesn’t quite reflect the sum of their parts. Kansas City sent six players to Hawaii and had three players selected to PFF’s AFC Pro Bowl squad. Looking over their roster there is talent almost everywhere, even beyond those Pro Bowlers. Tamba Hali, Eric Berry, Derrick Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, Jamaal Charles, Brandon Flowers, and Branden Albert are all fairly big-name players that have had great seasons in the past. The biggest problem was that the Chiefs were a team built to run the ball, not pass.

One of their strongest positional units is the offensive line, a group that graded 20th in pass blocking and eighth in run blocking in 2012. Over the course of the season, Kansas City had to overcome injuries at left tackle and left guard, but the right side of the Chiefs’ line was steadily one of the best in the league.

That last paragraph especially (2nd paragraph is pretty strong too). (and yes they wrote LG but they are wrong.. it was our center)

People will call them a surprise team this year because of the 2-14 we tossed down last year.. it wont be a surprise if you take a look now though. Loaded.. I'm telling you on paper this team is loaded.

Back to the OL.. out goes Winston (shoddy pass blocker) and in comes #1 overall draft choice Eric Fisher (on paper - an upgrade). Albert returns from injury to man the LT spot (replacing a rookie that was forced into duty last year). Our LG (Allen) has a year of experience after last year being forced to duty cause our center got hurt and the old man (Lilja) was forced to move from LG to C (meaning playing out of position). Well our center is back (Hudson - high draft choice from Florida St 2 years ago!). Now that 2nd year LG (Lilja retired) will have an actual center next to him and a veteran and high quality LT (Albert) outside of him (last year it was another rookie!). Oh and I havent even mentioned the guy the article is focusing on yet (RG Asamoah)!!

You wanna trash a position group on this team as being a question mark.. it's the DL (I'm not worried) or the recievers outside of Bowe and Fasano/Moeaki (TE's) - still that was addressed (Donnie Avery brings speed and had a really good year with Indy in '12) and Baldwin finally has coaching to reach his immense potential.

I'm here to ehdjamahcate ya Fire!

here's links to secret superstars for all your teams as well Smile

Chicago Bears: DT Nate Collins
Cincinnati Bengals: CB Adam Jones
Denver Broncos: S Rahim Moore
Dallas Cowboys: LB Bruce Carter
Detroit Lions: RB Joique Bell
Green Bay Packers: LB Brad Jones
Indianapolis Colts: TE Dwayne Allen
Pittsburgh Steelers: CB Cortez Allen

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]