TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Book of Eli

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Book of Eli Empty Book of Eli Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:13 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

just watched it...freaking awesome. The ending kind of dragged on for me but overall it was still cool.

SPOILER ALERT*****************************

What the fuck, I just read some user reviews and I didn't realize he was BLIND the whole time. I just thought he was a normal guy that could read braille.....not sure how I feel about this just yet. It wasn't painfully obvious to me and then he did all of that with just sound and smell? going to have to digest this one and maybe see it again but I already returned the DVD.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

2Book of Eli Empty Re: Book of Eli Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:39 pm

BustaHoov

Zebug... I can't believe I have to explain this to you

****SPOILER ALERT****

The entire book was about how the Bible is the most sought after, power book in this new, post apoctaliptic world.

How does a blind man walk from the east coast to the west coast, be a complete bad ass and take sometimes 6 on 1 in uneven fights... unless something, or someone is helping him.

3Book of Eli Empty Re: Book of Eli Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:49 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

oh I know he had a higher power guiding him, but that higher power could have just as easily been guiding a guy that can see.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

4Book of Eli Empty Re: Book of Eli Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:56 pm

Jimmy

I liked this movie, finally saw it recently. I think he was blind, just not 100% blind, ya know? He had some vision. I didnt realize he was blind until the end when they showed his eyes when sitting at the table with the guy that was re-writing things for him.

since watching it again I've looked closely and his eyes were never shown like that in earlier scenes of the movie.

as for guiding a guy that could see.. isnt that somewhat the point. he COULD see.. in the more spiritual sense ya know? he was blind but could see!

the one scene I dont really understand is after the shootout in town where he goes all leet mode, and runs out of bullets, the lone bad guy standing doesnt fire.. why? i cant catch what he saw there but he seemed to see something.

5Book of Eli Empty Re: Book of Eli Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Severed Feet

He was blind. If you watch again there are a lot of subtle clues. Very first (or second) scene where there is a skeleton in a car that he walks up to. He smelled the body, didn't see the car, you can tell because he feels for the door.
The house where he talked to the mouse - his eyes never moved to follow the mouse and he grabbed for the faucet at the sink to find where it was.
The house with the old cannibal couple, he walked up the stairs and kicked the first stair. Then he walked up to the door until his gun hit it.
Stuff like that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum