TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Windows 8 revealed

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Windows 8 revealed Empty Windows 8 revealed Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Jimmy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Watch the 4 minute video.

Thoughts?? I'll add mine later.

2Windows 8 revealed Empty Re: Windows 8 revealed Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:54 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

not really impressed and I don't like where they are going. I think it is awesome for phones, but not for computers. I know he said you can use it with mouse/kb but if the original intent is to be used with touch screens, I don't know how much support the mouse/kb will get. I'd rather them focus on utilizing resources better (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc) as different applications call for it rather than focusing on turning your smart phone into a computer.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

3Windows 8 revealed Empty Re: Windows 8 revealed Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Jimmy

I agree - with all the "tiles" it just looks way to mobile device/touch device geared and I dont want that enviroment on my PC so heavily. I love widgets on my smart phone and easy access to info but I keep my home computer desktop almost completely clean. I have no shortcuts on my desktop beyond rocket dock bar that resides at the top and my windows normal task bar that resides at the bottom

I do see better touch screen implementation being needed as everytime I interact with a laptop I want to touch the screen to navigate. Those gestures on a laptop will be cool.

If they are wise they will make sure such things are all highly configurable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum