TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

TGA » Topics » Gaming » good article

good article

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1good article Empty good article Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:16 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

This is a great article about the state of gamers/internet users in general. Seems more and more the comments sections and the forums on different sites are hate ridden places for morons and idiots to spew their thoughts out on. This lady was ridiculed by many people telling her she was a cunt whore piece of shit. ALL because she likes story more than combat in RPG's and made a suggestion that you could skip the battles to get back to the story...an OPTION to do so.

It really makes me sad that as a society we go to the lowest point to tell someone we don't like their opinion. It all seems that if we are anonymous so we can yell and scream and demean people because we are safe behind our keyboards. Its not right. These same people would NEVER say these things in person to another person. Anyway read the story let me know what you think.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2good article Empty Re: good article Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

ya forums are the sewers of society unless properly managed. I am always on androidforums.com and those mods take care of things (for the most part) and that culture has spilled over to the regular members. When someone goes off on somebody, it is squashed rather quickly with a removal of the post and probation/banning of the guilty party.

It's a rather nice place to go as opposed to any COD/STEAM/Battlefield forum. Good freaking lord those kids are out of control.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

3good article Empty Re: good article Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Jimmy

yeah most forums are just sewers! my most visited forums are very well moderated though (footballs future, overclock.net, wot north american forum) and this forum is just small with good people so we dont see that nonsense here even with no moderation.

in game is where things are really bad though. in WoT's general chat te moderator presence isn't 24/7 for some reason and some nights it's just disgusting in there. cant even talk about the game. move to in battle chats and it's even worse cause there are no moderators for the battles. best you can do is 'report' a player but i know personally i never waste my time with that as most likely i'll hit my next random battle and never see the person again.. besdies some other a-hole will show up in his place anyway.

4good article Empty Re: good article Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:33 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

In games I remember...why I stay away from online games...but it is kinda expected there. Stupid teenage boys yelling at their tv because their parents aren't around to scold them or ask wtf did you just say?? But I am also talking about twitter...and hell any comment section there is anywhere. People just think they have to spew their negativity and low class everywhere. Even at the bottom of that article there are still douchebags spewing hatred and nasty things. As I said its shocking to see it everywhere. If there is a comment section there will be a bunch of assholes yelling and screaming at the OP or what ever else they want to yell at.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TGA » Topics » Gaming » good article

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum