TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Rig Finished

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Rig Finished Empty New Rig Finished Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Jimmy

I've been working for a while at a new build. Things were kinda looking bleak on getting the last few parts anytime soon but alas, things change, and poof I finished up my order.

the main stuff:

i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
16GB DDR3 1600 G.Skill Ripjaw X
Asus P8P67 Deluxe Rev. 3.0
Intel 310 120GB SSD (SATA 3.0)
Samsung F3 1TB 7200 RPM
Powercolor HD7950 3GB Video Card
Asus 23" 1920x1080p (already had this)
Corsair 650D Obsidian Case
Corsair HX 750w Modular Power Supply <Silver>
Windows 7 Home Premium 64

For those of you with good rigs already but don't have an SSD yet. Get one! While all my stuff is fast fast fast.. the SSD drive with the OS on it and my key games on it is without the doubt making it all scream. Map loads - lol - seriously always first. I wish I could test it's affect on my FPS as I suspect a few frames are gained with the responsiveness an SSd delivers.

Get one! Load your OS on it and key games. Keep your big harddrive for everything else.

Skyrim on my old rig auto detected it settings to 'HIGH' and looked pretty dang sweet. I'd avg about 50 fps in that mode at 1920x1080p, when I bumped it to 'Ultra' it dropped me to the low 20's! Now on the new rig - auto detected and set 'Ultra' from the go.. looks so great! And my FPS.. pegged at 60 almost non stop! (I have v-sync on)

WoT is also somewhat demanding and I usually hovered in the 50's - 80's in that game (it moves around alot) but certain maps with tons of bushes would drop me into the 20's which was brutal. Now.. 80's to 120's lol! All the foliage and settings are all set to high and this thing is not even breaking a sweat.

I want to make 'lets play' or 'commentary' videos cause I just have way too much time on my hand.. so I bought Sony Vegas Movie software to help me with the editing and fraps for the recordings. More daunting than I first suspected but I'm game to learn it.

Moral of the story.. rig owns! it's a total monster!! and get an SSD if you dont have one yet!!

I'll try and add some pics later on. The case is sooo clean. Wire management was awesome.

2New Rig Finished Empty Re: New Rig Finished Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:54 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

holy shit balls.....that is a nice nice rig. I will be adding a SSD by year end. A 7950 vid card....good god, lets just buy one of the best cards on the market why don't we. Call me jelly

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

3New Rig Finished Empty Re: New Rig Finished Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Res

want

nice rig jimmy!

4New Rig Finished Empty Re: New Rig Finished Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Jimmy

some pics..

foreplay..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ram, cpu, and heatsink/fan installed

all wired up + daughters face lol

all buttoned up and running

sun was washing out the lens so used my hand to shield it, case face

5New Rig Finished Empty Re: New Rig Finished Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:22 pm

Duke Nukem

Sexy machine. I might be upgrading sometime this year. Got $600 saved up, but my current rig still does the job so theres no rush. Smile I want a freakin SSD though...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum