TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our Book Club

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Our Book Club Empty Our Book Club Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:04 pm

Jimmy

So I have just begun my TENTH book in the Forgotten Realms. They read crazy fast and if you like a ton of combat you should absolutely give them a try! The writer, R. A. Salvatore, is most known for his immense detail when describing the battles.

That and of course Drizzt Do'Urden is an iconic character!

Tell us what you're reading.

2Our Book Club Empty Re: Our Book Club Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Severed Feet

I'm currently reading a similarly themed book called Kell's Revenge but I'm having trouble keeping up with it because I don't get very interested in action-oriented books.

Everyone and their dogs should read a book from the Discworld series.
It's comedic satire set in the fantasy setting and there are 39 in the series counting 3 or 4 young-adult novels. He's (Terry Pratchet) been writing 1-2 a year since like '86 I think but he's slowing down now since he has early onset Alzheimers and probably won't be around much longer.

Also neat-o factoid: his daughter is a video game writer. She wrote the story for Mirror's Edge and is writing the story for the new Tomb Raider reboot that is coming out soon.

3Our Book Club Empty Re: Our Book Club Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:05 am

FireSnake

FireSnake

I just finished all 11 books of the Wizards first rule series...GREAT series btw. Loved every book. THEY are not a fast read however...each book has at least 700 or more pages.

I am getting into another RA Salvatore series...called the saga of the first king. First book is called the highwayman. It was a fast read. Pretty inventive and fun read.

I have read a ton of RA Salvatore's books. Drizzt is one of my favorite characters of all time. Still my favorites are when he is growing up in the Underdark.

4Our Book Club Empty Re: Our Book Club Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:29 pm

kristi

kristi

Just finished Hunger Games trilogy....amazing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]