TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salvation for FPS's to arrive next year?

+4
FireSnake
Jimmy
Zebug
Severed Feet
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Jimmy

serious question.. how is GO different from CS:S?

I know CS:S felt different from 1.6.. is that what they are trying to do here.. essentially they are trying to do source right this time by getting back to the "feel" we got from 1.6 control?

Severed Feet

From my understanding, yes.

Duke Nukem

A friend of mine on another forum I visit had an extra beta key. He gave it to me. Oh yes. Very Happy

Impressions so far:

- First and most importantly: it's still a beta. Features are missing and bugs are there (especaly with bot AI. lol). Everything is still subject to tweaks or even complete changes.

- Netcode definately needs work, I can never escape the lag. Hopefully they will add a display for ping.
- Weapons are unique, all act differently (glock is still weak but at least its a hell of a lot more accurate now. And it's burst fire, really acts like a burst fire. not like some weird shotgun effect. The P90 on the other hand has accuracy issues: the damn thing is a bullet hose though.)
- Maps look nice and have some minor changes to make them slightly more interesting.
- Weapon damage at a distance definately needs to be improved. Shooting eachother at distances w/o a sniper rifle is about as effective as using a paintball gun.
- The game is fun and fast paced though, To me it definately acts like a baby between source and 1.6.

On a sad note however: Cross platform play has been removed. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jimmy

Duke you've had some serious time with the game.. your updated impressions?

Duke Nukem

Ok a little update. :p Patch came out and added more guns into the game. (Famas, Galil AR, P250 aka compact pistol, Dual Berettas) And the map got changed to CS_Italy. But people somehow found a vote function so I have been playing a lot of D1, D2, and Inferno as well. (only played Nuke and Train a couple times, people dont seem to wana vote for those..)

But the game is damn fun and frustrating at the same time. Just like 1.6! lol I've done well, (got lots of nice scores in my screen shot collection you can check out) but there are still a lot of pro's playing that clean out servers... As for the weapons added in: the dualies are hillarious and suprisingly accurate (I smell a nerf coming), the Galil is actually a damn usefull weapon, and the famas is good too, burst fire needs to be slightly more accurate however.

I will provide more info later since its late as hell and I have to work in the AM. I can answer any questions to the best of my abilities. Smile

kristi

kristi

*cry* The gamer in my just cannot let go and move on from gaming! I miss it, yet when I play I usually hate it. Typical woman for ya, eh?! Razz

Res

I long for the days when the server used to be full all of the time and I lit people up and they yelled at me with such vigor Smile especially you Kristi!

kristi

kristi

It was all out of love! lol

Res

you know you were my fav

Severed Feet

I just want to be able to play knowing I can't be banned.
Lulz.

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

come play BF3 on the XuG server, I'm an admin, you won't be banned.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

Jimmy

all 6 digit and less steam id's should get it for free, I'm just saying.. Razz

kristi wrote:*cry* The gamer in my just cannot let go and move on from gaming! I miss it, yet when I play I usually hate it. Typical woman for ya, eh?! Razz

frustrating! I miss the games! Smile

38Salvation for FPS's to arrive next year? - Page 2 Empty Erm... Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:44 am

Pestilence

I had hopes that this would be a brand new game. It kinda looks terrible. Sad

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

its just a different game than what some people are getting use to. If you've been playing BF3, I'm sure you'd want to gouge out your eyes by looking at the new CS. I think I could get over the graphics stuff, it's just that I hate that gameplay now (I want/need to be able to respawn quickly, not wait until the round is over)

Duke Nukem

While it's still a beta, it's not terrible Pest. I like it better than source, its pretty fun!

Duke Nukem

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

August 21st is when it lands... and only 15 bucks! Very Happy

Duke Nukem

Bump again:

Preorder is 10% off $13.49 vs $14.99. Plus you get Beta access on the 14th!

So yea... get it. Razz

kristi

kristi

Pre-ordered tonight. Cant wait! Sick of playing 1.6 on sucky pubs, TF2 with no friends, Portal by myself, and L4D only when Duke and Poison want to play. Looking forward to a game I love with hopefully some familiar faces!

Res

Can't wait to play a game with you guys again

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

oh wait, Kristi and Res are getting the game too.....

/cancel's preorder Evil or Very Mad

Res

Thanks asshole haha

kristi

kristi

well like most games, assholes abound. I really hate being a chick playing games dominated by the male gender. Guys need to give more fucking credit to girl gamers. Stupid punks

Duke Nukem

Don't listen to em, you are better than them anyway. Very Happy

FireSnake

FireSnake

Duke Nukem wrote:Don't listen to em, you are better than them anyway. Very Happy

I second that! Definitely better than most guys out there.

Duke Nukem

Nice little cinematic trailer from Valve. Shows how awesome source film maker is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh and another preorder perk: You get a promo item for TF2. Before you ask, no its not a Hat. lol Its an AWP for the Sniper class. From what Ive read: it's just a skin and sound change, stats are the same as the standard sniper rifle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum