TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

May 25th 1994 to May 25th 2012

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1May 25th 1994 to May 25th 2012 Empty May 25th 1994 to May 25th 2012 Fri May 25, 2012 4:35 pm

Jimmy

Eighteen years and still the magic of this moment illicit's tears and emotion from my hockey heart. In my opinion the greatest hockey player ever makes as bold a prediction as one can make, and then backs it up with an epic performance, a hockey legend.

This wasn't a young brash man. This wasn't a player whom had never tasted championship's before. This was a hockey veteran and saviour brought to the biggest sports market in the world to do one single thing - win the Stanley Cup.

Mark Messier came to the Rangers to erase 50+ years of failure. By the time of this magical season the number was 54 years.

In game 5 the Rangers lost at home and had to head to NJ for game 6 - things were looking bleak with NJ leading the series 3-2 and the Rangers having an 0-5 all time record in road game sixes!

Messier gets with the Rangers beat reporters the night before and tells them:

"We know we have to win it. We can win it. And we are going to win it"

The next morning - HEADLINES! Pressure is on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The rest as the video says.. is hockey legend! Hat Trick! Assist! Win!

"Do you believe it?? DO YOU BELIEVE IT?"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now the Rangers again are faced with a 3-2 deficit. Again they face the New Jersey Devils 18 years to the day! Think NJ doesn't remember? What will play out this time??

LETS GO RANGERS!!!! LETS GO RANGERS!!!! LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

2May 25th 1994 to May 25th 2012 Empty Re: May 25th 1994 to May 25th 2012 Sun May 27, 2012 1:25 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Messier the greatest hockey player ever? What the fuck kind of shit are they putting in the water in KC? He couldn't hold MY jock strap let alone Wayne, Mario, Gordy, hell I'd even put some newer guys on that list ahead of him like Sydney, Malkin, Yzerman, Lidstrom, my crotch rot, the dump I just dropped, Hull, Trottier, Bourque, the toe nail clipping I flushed down the toliet, at leat 4 or 5 of the crawfish I just ate and of course Orr.

go back to watching a crappy football and leave hockey to those who know what the fuck they are talking about.

Mess was a tough son of a bitch that stood in front of the net and got trash goals....I'm not saying trash goals are bad and that is a major part of the game....but skills he did not have, toughness he did. If I was on D against him, he would have been lucky to get a sniff at a deflection and/or rebound.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

3May 25th 1994 to May 25th 2012 Empty Re: May 25th 1994 to May 25th 2012 Tue May 29, 2012 11:35 am

Res

LOL @ zebug. BAT FIGHT! I don't know shit about hockey. Carry on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum