TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 NFL!!!!

+2
Zebug
Jimmy
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

12013 NFL!!!! Empty 2013 NFL!!!! Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Jimmy

Although the season calendar officially begins on the 4th of March, we're already seeing plenty of moves. So I'm all ears.. what are your wants for you respective (SCRUBBY) teams?!

I think thus far the Chiefs have been dynamite! I love the Andy Reid signing, and I'm happy thus far with Dorsey replacing Pioli (the tyrant!). There are reports now that the Chiefs are closing in on resigning Bowe (must do!) and our LT Albert (another must).

The QB position is the key though. Rumors swirling about Alex Smith, Nick Foles, or possibly Matt Flynn. I'm really not excited for any of them. Much prefer the idea of drafting our own guy (Geno Smith).

The combine is this weekend and I'm excited because Geno will be a full participant. I think this weekend he WILL separate himself and show he is worthy of the #1 pick.

Honestly.. watching him play how can people not think that. He's every bit the prospect a guy like Sam Bradford (#1 overall), Matt Stafford (#1 overall), or Matt Ryan (#3 overall) were!

Is it the Luck/RG3 hangover? Does every #1 now have to be on their level now? C'mon. Last year all they talked about was how this was a freakishly rare QB class, yet it seems every time people talk about Geno and this years class the first thing they say is there is no Luck or RG3.. well DUH!

22013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

my only concern with Geno was that he seemed to disappear in big games (at the college level). It'll be interesting to watch what happens though.

The Steelers actually need to start considering a Troy replacement, the dude is just getting old and banged up. I think our O line is about to gel and become a dominate strength of the Steelers which the O line has been a weakness for a while now.....and we're still pretty good with a poor O line so look out world. I think Wallace is gone so WR wouldn't hurt.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

32013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Jimmy

even in the games he didnt play great he put up numbers Sad

In all his losses last year he finished with 158/259 1566yds 13TD 5INT

bad games happen.

42013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:47 am

Res

I honestly haven't been paying too much attention to what the Colts have done besides releasing Freeney and Collie. I figured it was coming, he just costs us too much on the financial side and we have a capable replacement in Jerry Hughes. Collie was just on the wrong side of the injury bug as he had way too many concussions. Great guy, wish him the best.

As far as the draft, our top needs are offensive line (by far), DT and CB. Look forward to a fun season and no sophomore slump from Mr. Luck!

52013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:53 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

the tea leaves are saying more and more that the Chefs get Alex Smith. I think the floor is much higher with Smith vs Geno, but the ceiling is much higher with Geno vs Smith.....you gotta gamble and go for the higher ceiling in my opinion. I do think Smith has shown that he can be a solid QB these last 2 years and its possible Geno could be a complete flop, but I don't care, give me the athlete and lets see what happens.

62013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

it's so not freaking fair... Peyton gets Wes? fuck me

72013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:16 pm

Severed Feet

IMO bigger news is Harvin to Seattle.
If he can stay healthy, that's just ridiculous. At least Denver already had 2 very good WR's.

82013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:01 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Wes>>>Percy

Eh....Harvin isn't anything special. He's fast and athletic but that's it. Hopefully he can stay on the field this year and really help out but to me he's just an above average WR with speed.

92013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:37 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

WES WELKER IS A BRONCO!!!!!!! He joins a team with already 2 Wr's that had a 1000 yards last year. HOLY crap! They also got a great Corner in Cromartie.

Not one of Denvers additions have me scratching my head. Got a a great Guard in Vasquez. Serviceable Linebacker in Bradley. STUD DE in Knighton. Then you get Welker and Cromartie??? The only one they paid a big price check was to Vasquez...the others are only one year or 2 year contracts. Got everyone of them for a great price. ELWAY is simply a mastermind at getting guys to come here and play and for not a lot of money. SOOO excited for this year. Can't wait to see what they do in the draft.

I agree with Zebug. Harvin is a good WR...not a great one and he can't stay healthy at all. Boldin is better than he is and he went to SF. Ravens won't even sniff the playoffs this year with the yard sale they are hosting.

102013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:01 pm

Res

Broncos are gonna be tough for sure.

Colts picked up a few needs. Got Gosder Cherilus (RT), Greg Toler (CB), Laron Landry (S), Donald Thomas (OG), Erik Walden (LB), and some LB from Atlanta I've never heard of. Only questionable one in my eyes is Walden. Heard nothing but bad things about him from GB fans. Oh well, we got a couple of offensive linemen and a couple of good DBs which is what we needed the most.

112013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:49 pm

Severed Feet

2012, where Harvin was playing with Christian Ponder and Welker is playing with Tom Brady:

Harvin vs. Welker

Games played: 9 v 16
Receptions/game: 6.9 v 7.4
Targets/game: 9.4 v 10.9
Yards/game: 75.2 v 84.6
Yards/catch: 10.9 v 11.5
TD/game: 0.333 v 0.375

Yards/Kickoff Return: Harvin - 35.875 (Plus a TD on only 16 attempts)
Yards/Punt Return: 9.72 (No TDs)

Harvin also had a TD running.

I'm just saying, I think both players are about equal. Welker had marginally better stats playing with an infinitely better QB. Welker loses targets because of Gronk/Hernandez, but not that much and both TEs were hurt for portions of the season. Harvin was a on a team with a marginal QB, a team that focuses on the run because of AP, and had no other WR that teams needed to key in on.

Welker is like my second favorite player in the NFL. I'm just saying, he's going to a team where he now has to share with two other very good WRs, so if anything, his situation is about equitable to what it was in NE. Harvin now has a much better team to help him, assuming he can stay healthy.

122013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Severed Feet

But, enough of that.

My memory sucks, but did the last couple off seasons have as many big name moves like this year did? It seems like every few hours some big name has gone to some new team. Now S.Jax is in Atlanta.

132013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

those are very intersting stats, thanks for showing those Sev. I do have to admit, Seattle is becoming my 2nd/3rd favorite team in the league. I love me some R. Wilson, that defense is for real and a solid running game (though I'm starting to hate on Richard Sherman....shut the fuck up and play ball kid).

142013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Jimmy

I like Harvin. He's a pretty dangerous weapon and will be even more so with Wilsons scrambling ability keeping plays alive.

Chiefs have made a ton of moves and most of them I like. The only ones I'm struggling with are the QB moves. I'd have preferred greatly the drafting of Geno. Even after trading for Alex Smith I thought we should still draft Geno. I just cant wrap my support around skipping the best QB in the draft for another lineman (offensive OR defensive) and all signs are pointing that way.

I just dont understand why this franchise (Chiefs) are so adverse to taking a QB of our own! Alex Smith is the 5th QB we've gotten from the Niners (Deberg, Montana, Bono, and Grbac) alone!

I like Alex Smith - though I don't think his potential is as high as Geno's. Speaking of Geno.. the guy people wanted to rate barely worth a first rounder is now being talked about as not likely to make it past #7 (Arizona) and probably won't get past the Raiders at #3!

If that happens (Raiders) and he kicks our ass for the next 10 years - I'll be beyond sick!

Anyone heard the Bills GM and Bucs GM recording? I can't link it (it's on deadspin and wont go there from work). Basically after some cat and mouse calls some guys got Buddy Nix calling from the Bucs GM on their phone and then they connected him to the other guy somehow.. blah blah blah. The interesting part was being a fly on the wall of two NFL GM's talking. The biggest thing they mentioned was that everything is easy if you have the QB - how true it is!

I hope the Chiefs take Geno anyway. They won't though..

152013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

if raiders take geno then you don't have to worry about him beating you for ten years..... Oakland is the place players go to die. if Tom Brady put on a raiders jersey he'd go 3-13 with 4 touchdowns and 17 ints

162013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:25 pm

Jimmy

Zebug wrote: if raiders take geno then you don't have to worry about him beating you for ten years..... Oakland is the place players go to die. if Tom Brady put on a raiders jersey he'd go 3-13 with 4 touchdowns and 17 ints

These are not those same Raiders anymore. Sad

172013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

just because they got 2 of their 4 wins for the season against kc does not mean they aren't the same raiders

182013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Jimmy

so the nfl has passed the proposed rule about lowering your head to make contact. It passed 31-1.

Basically the rule says they dont want players "delivering a blow with the crown of the helmet" and this is both offensive and defensive.

What's scary is how this rule affects RB's get trucking people. It's said to be outside the tackle box though. The rule does not apply to short-yardage or goal-line situations.

Not sure I trust them to enforce this rule. Here was a discussion on it before it passed..

Here's Jeff Fisher explaining the rule..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And I'm thinking a play like this would be penalized now..

Is that lowering and getting small or is that intent to deliver the blow with the crown of the helmet?

A written word about the rule..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

^ I hope so.

192013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

they are making the game more and more about qb and wr and the passing game. no toss sweeps for a short yardage play, they already made it so if the defense breathes ona receiver then they get a flag. I'm hhating what the game is becoming ( but I'll still watch every game that I can.....)

202013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Severed Feet

The... "non-complicated" interpretation of the rule is "No spearing with the top of your head" pretty much.
I don't see much of a problem with it, to be honest, because this doesn't apply to short-yardage situations, meaning it applies to the open field, where I would prefer my runner to not be looking straight down at the dirt anyways.

212013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:47 am

Res

So they released the schedule last night. How does your team's look and what's your prediction?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

WK1: OAKLAND - W
WK2: MIAMI - W
WK3: @ SAN FRAN - L
WK4: @ JAX - W
WK5: SEATTLE - L (CLOSE GAME)
WK6: @ SAN DIEGO - W
WK7: DENVER - W (ANOTHER CLOSE ONE)
WK8: BYE
WK9: @ HOUSTON - L
WK10: ST LOUIS - W
WK11: @ TENNESSEE - W
WK12: @ ARIZONA - W
WK13: TENNESSEE - W
WK14: @ CINCY - L
WK15: HOUSTON - W
WK16: @ KANSAS CITY - W
WK17: JACKSONVILLE - W

12-4 is probably a little high. A few of these games could go either way (Denver, Seattle, San Diego, KC). 10-6 is probably more likely but I will stay on the positive side. Not a tough schedule all in all. Go Colts!

222013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Jimmy

1. at Jacksonville Jaguars - W
2. Dallas Cowboys - L
3. at Philadelphia Eagles -W
4. New York Giants - L
5. at Tennessee Titans - W
6. Oakland Raiders - W
7. Houston Texans - L
8. Cleveland Browns - W
9. at Buffalo Bills - W

10. BYE

11. at Denver Broncos - L
12. San Diego Chargers - W
13. Denver Broncos - L
14. at Washington Redskins - L
15. at Oakland Raiders - W
16. Indianapolis Colts - L
17. at San Diego Chargers - L

My first real look I came up with 8-8, we'll see how it looks again right before week 1 (when we should all do this post again)

232013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:50 am

kristi

kristi

NOOO, you guys HAVE to beat Dallas. I want them to start the season off with a loss to last years last-place team!(no offense)

242013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:20 am

Severed Feet

Not gonna happen, Missy!

1. Giants - W
2. @ Chiefs - W
3. Rams - W
4. @ Chargers - W
5. Broncos - L
6. Redskins - L
7. @ Eagles - W
8. @ Lions - W
9. Vikings - W
10. @ Saints - L

BYE

11. @ Giants - L
12. Raiders - W
13. @ Bears - W
14. Packers - L
15. @ Redskins - W
16. Eagles - W

11-5. Book it.

252013 NFL!!!! Empty Re: 2013 NFL!!!! Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:40 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

guess who has this season's easiest schedule (based on last years winning % which we all know changes drastically from year to year)........Freaking Denver. Of course it helps they have 6 games against SD, KC, Oak which were all poor last year.

I haven't really looked at my Steelers yet, I will soon and post back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum