TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!!

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Duke Nukem

You all know why I have my name... I'm a Duke Nukem fan, and we all know Duke Nukem Forever is the butt of many jokes due to its overly long development time, numerous delays, and the lawsuit it got out of not too long ago. Well a rumor was reported by Kotaku recently: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And of course, being a seasoned fan of 3DR. I wasnt too phased at first. Ive been duped before. But Kotaku is pretty reliable with its sources, so I didn't completely dismiss it. Especaly since Randy Pitchford (president of Gearbox software) then said he couldnt comment but tune into PAX (penny arcade expo) to hear something from him. That got the internet stiring. Then things started happening, other people gave hints like George Broussard (notorious 3DR CEO) posted a couple days ago on his twitter a picture of flying pigs... That raised a few eyebrows.

What else got me was, I'm a moderator at the 3DR forums. (water12356) And even though I didnt have any inside info. The former webmaster Joe Siegler was in the dark too... untill recently. Because he messaged all of the mods and said there was something he wanted to talk about with us. So today hits and I come home to absolute madness...

DNF is f-ing back. And best of all there is a live demo on the game floor that looks JUST like the leaked footage that came out during the shutdown of 3DR & the lawsuit. So Gearbox isnt changing too much of the game it seems. They seem so far to have picked up the pieces game, put it all together, maybe add a couple minor things, and polish it.

From the info ive gathered so far, (especaly from the demo description below) it's violent, raunchy, and cheesy. That sounds like Duke to me!

Its coming in 2011 to PC 360 and PS3. Dev is obviously Gearbox and the Publisher is 2k Games.
(Hopefuly 3DR will at least be in the credits somewhere.)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Offical announcement

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] kotaku snagged some footage (likely from the live 2k stream) of the people lucky enough to snag the demo. If your looking for evidence of DNF's existance, here it is.

Kotaku's walkthrough of the demo

2DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:47 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

WOW....JUST wow! I can't believe it. I thought this would be FOREVER shelved...hehe get it. Wink anyway I am pretty damn excited about this. I have played everyone of the dukes and I have been waiting FOREVER...to play...FOREVER. Wink

3DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:46 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

My Buddy from Gearbox confirmed that his group has it...they really expect to have it out by 2011. They got all the original code and have already started working on getting it ready for the PS3 Xbox and PC. Originally 3D was only going to put it out for the PC.

Yeah this was the reason all the lawsuits were dismissed and all the players in the tense little drama have been getting along. 2k and Take Two trust GBX to get the game done and 3DR trusts us not to screw the franchise.

Well, We own DNF and the Duke Nukum franchise from that point forward. 3D Realms can exercise their rights on the previous titles but all Duke titles from this point forward are going to be leveraged by GBX.

4DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:21 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

If we have a beta I can assure ya'll will have a slot in it. I'm pretty excited about this title now but I was apprehensive as hell when we were making the deal 10 months ago.

WOOT I get a slot in the BETA!!!!! Well if they have one.

5DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Jimmy

I saw this news a few days ago Duke and I thought you'd be all over it.. I figure you reaction was similar to:

6DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

lol awesome song/vid

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

7DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:25 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Love those SNL skits!!! LOL

8DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Duke Nukem

Jimmy wrote:I saw this news a few days ago Duke and I thought you'd be all over it.. I figure you reaction was similar to:

Not quite but close. :p

And Fire, is the worker you know work on the game itself or another division? I'm curious to know because my moderator status got transfered over to the Gearbox forums from 3DR. (also 'Water12356') So while I dont have any inside scoops, a couple of their marketing workers are the head admins.

Its a little nutty on their Forums but its not as bad as the steam forums thank god. Hopefuly I can pick up some a free t-shirt or something eventually. Smile

9DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:58 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

The "worker" is actually the director/editor of all out going games from Gearbox. He lives in Texas. His team is directly responsible for DNF. His team also was responsible for Boarderlands. I did get to be on the beta for that.

10DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:30 am

Duke Nukem

Thought its time to bump this mofo.

Duke is getting even more widespread attention landing on the cover of many magazines, most recently PC Gamer: (which has done 2 other DNF covers long ago.)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sadly most of those cover stories only have covered the closed public demo everyone has heard about on the net already.

But in the awesome news department: If you own Borderlands on steam, (didn't buy it very recently though) or if you bought the GOTY edition, you get yourself a ticket to "The First Access Club" If your a member, you are the first ones to get access to the DNF demo when it goes public. Sure it might be only a week difference (or several hours if your a dirty pirate) but Its still pretty awesome. (Steam users: You can find your first access club key listed next to your Borderlands CD key.)

Also Jace Hall a while back did an invasion of 3DR in one of his older episodes. This season Jace has been teasing DNF with very short clips of DNF with "Duke Lives" poping up right at the end. The latest one isnt that exciting, Duke boxing a Pigcop. The first one though: Demonstrates the gore engine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Here is the episode, there is a segment at the begining, but the actual footage is @ 3:48. But for those of you who don't want to watch, (even though you should because you get to see the Old Spice guy, and a clip of FEAR 3) here is a GIF of the DNF segment!

Last edited by Duke Nukem on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops, Ice T is in another recent episode.)

11DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Severed Feet

Watch later when I have time - but oh snap FEAR3!
(Fear 2 was a huge disappointment for me)

12DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:42 pm

Duke Nukem

Severed Feet wrote:Watch later when I have time - but oh snap FEAR3!
(Fear 2 was a huge disappointment for me)

FEAR 2 was disapointing for me too, even though I still enjoyed it. It just definately did not live up to FEAR 1's awesomeness. But from what ive seen in previews and videos, FEAR 3 will likely be much better than 2. But thats for discussion in another thread. :p

13DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:12 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

its official. Here is the release date!

14DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Duke Nukem

I saw that when I came home. Very Happy

The icing on the cake... they gave us a motherloving trailer:

My inital reaction for that trailer:

FUCK YEA!

15DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:30 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Were FUCKING bringing it. Yea I loved that Trailer! tho if your going to put FUCKING in the trailer....why aren't they fuzzing out the nudity?

16DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:36 am

Duke Nukem

I'm guessing because they posted it on youtube. Had to tone it down for the little kids who might watch it. (Oh don't mind the F-bombs though!)

Also: When battling giant aliens... 'combat courtesy' goes out the window. Punch them "Right in the jewels". :p

17DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Jimmy

lol. never been a huge fan of duke nukem, but the games rock! ahh i kid i kid. honestly, good for you duke fans. only took 12 years.

18DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:39 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

hell...I'd still hit it

fucking awesome, and it comes out on my birthday:)

19DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Mon May 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Duke Nukem

Bump! It may have gotten delayed till June 14th, but as of today it now has its own steam page! With this news, the demo will be along very shortly. (Considering theres a 99% chance the demo will be on Steam.) Very Happy

And while your at it, have some videos!

What would Duke do? (Jetpack)

DNF Babes! (Censored sadly, but below video is better. mwahaha)

Come Get Some Trailer (Uncensored, NSFW, censored one avaible also with slightly different footage)

DNF - Shrinkage

20DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Tue May 10, 2011 9:07 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I never played any Duke Nuke'ems before, but I do think this looks fun.

21DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Tue May 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Duke Nukem

It's... Done...

And the Demo for FAC members is only about a week away...

22DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Wed May 25, 2011 8:24 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

so why the hell does the rest of the world get it 4 days before the US? We should bomb them all.

23DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Wed May 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Jimmy

lol finally... now it's Diablo 3's turn to finish up!!

24DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Sat May 28, 2011 2:16 pm

Jimmy

here ya go Duke - or anyone else

25DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Empty Re: DNF coming 2011 from Gearbox!!! Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:54 am

Duke Nukem

Holy shit... demo is live! GO FASTER INTERNET!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum