TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL Draft 2011

+4
RP
Severed Feet
Zebug
Jimmy
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1NFL Draft 2011 Empty NFL Draft 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:41 pm

Jimmy

a thread to discuss who we all end up getting that we're excited about. Draft begins this thursday night!

For now though.. how about a list to start off with. Please fill in the blanks for YOUR team/s with the position or even the specific name if you like and wanna add that detail. 1st round only here..

Should draft:
Should NOT draft:
Possible surprise:

For my Chiefs...

Should draft: OL or DL - Phil Taylor would be nice!
Should NOT draft: WR or LB - can get one later!
Possible surprise: Jake Locker ala Aaron Rogers style - QB shouldnt be there this late but if he is...

2NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Steelers

Should draft O-line or Corner
Should not draft RB/QB/WR/TE (at least in first round of course, beyond that whatever they desire they should get)

Would love to see Pouncey fall to them, get the brothers playing side by side again to make that O-line very solid. Right after the season he was projected at the high first round area, but he's been moving up since so I doubt it. So most likely if I had to throw a name out there (which is hard when picking late first round, not to mention the Steelers never pick who you think) I will go with Aaron Williams, CB out of Texas.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

3NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Severed Feet

Dallas

Should draft: OL followed by DL/secondary
Should NOT draft: WR/QB/TE
Possible surprise: RB in second/third round. Pouncey in the first.

4NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Jimmy wrote:

For my Chiefs...

oops....lol And that is why Lethal isn't a coach in the NFL. I don't mind the pick for you big guy.

Also, how can you not be excited about Detroit's future. Promising young QB, and now a defensive line that has the potential to be a freaking wrecking ball on every play.

5NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:02 am

RP

RP

That picked really shocked me! But I am loving it. Fairley, SUH, KVB, Williams holy crap! Imagine what Schwartz has planned for that defense! I can see him rotating Suh and Fairley out to DE a lot much like he used to do with Haynesworth in TN.

We really need to draft a future LT to replace Backus and our LB poistion is LACKING to say the least. I am excited for round 2!

BTW, did anyone else have a WTF moment with the Vikings pick?

http://www.one22designs.com

6NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:39 am

Severed Feet

Huge WTF at the Vikings pick - at first.

But as I listen and think about it more, it makes sense.
If they need a QB and want him to play right away (hell, Cam might not even play right away) then Ponder makes the most sense.
I was more surprised at the Locker pick.

And Dallas actually doing something good. (One for one so far in that regard)

7NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:00 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Zebug wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

For my Chiefs...

oops....lol And that is why Lethal isn't a coach in the NFL. I don't mind the pick for you big guy.

Also, how can you not be excited about Detroit's future. Promising young QB, and now a defensive line that has the potential to be a freaking wrecking ball on every play.

BWAHAHAHAHA...Going to be a Good WR but too funny what he says NOT to do they do it right away.

I am loving our pick. VON Miller will be great opposite Elvis. I would love it if Bowers falls to us for the 4th pick of the second round. THAT would be SICK! Very lucky if we got him. 2 biggest needs out of the way...I still think they need one more DT along with Bowers.

A couple of suprises but really nothing way out there. A little suprised with Vikings but they really did need a QB. I think they should have addressed a MORE pressing need and got Ponder in the second round...or HELLO Andy Dalton. I think he is a lot better than Ponder.

Since Oakland didn't have a pick they couldn't show everyone that they have no idea how to draft.

What I was most impressed by was Nick Fairley with Suh...that is a SICK defense just with those 2 players...WOW just wow...I would hate to line up against that line. Talk about Domination!

8NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Jimmy

sigh Sad I'm worried. I would have loved to draft Phil Taylor - the guy Cleveland took IN OUR SLOT when we traded out. Then I'd have loved to take Carimi when we had our pick at 27, err 26 cause Baltimore is fail.

I don't really see what Baldwin brings to the table that can compliment Bowe. They seem very similar to me.

Detroit's D-line looks crazy now - you guys forgot to mention Cliff Avril who is also no scrub. All those guys should be fresh really late in games now.

I think people are over reacting to value and Ponder. He was taken 12th meaning his value is 12th - all other comments on value by draftniks are just opinions. IF the vikes like him and wanted him and think he can be good - you take him.

Denver - Von Miller is a good player.

Packers and Bears got better on the OL which both teams needed.

Titans and Locker Sad I hate the Titans but I like Locker... conflicted now.

Chiefs absolutely must get a C and NT in this draft at some point. Which means they will get neither.

9NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Severed Feet

It wasn't the Ravens.
Deal was in place, Bears effed up. They even straight out apologized.

10NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:28 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Sooo got more picks with the 36...Great job...Got the best safty in the draft...good job...FAILED to get Bowers with the 46 pick. Got a Guard...really? OL was fine...not great but fine...DL FUCKING NEED!!! UGH.. NO DL in the first 3 picks...Stupid stupid stupid!!

11NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Sun May 01, 2011 8:52 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Jimmy wrote:
IF the vikes like him and wanted him and think he can be good - you take him.

Completely agree. The Steelers got roasted when they took Troy Polamalu because back then, you just don't take a safety that high (think he was 15th-ish without looking)...not a good enough value for the pick. Who the fuck cares, if you like him and he can fit into your scheme then make it happen.

12NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Mon May 02, 2011 5:51 pm

kristi

kristi

I don't know why any teams bothered drafting. Don't people realize the Packers will REPEAT? Duh

lol!

This could be the lions year. They certainly are due for one. Then again, so are the cowboys...and we allll know how they end up each year albino

13NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Tue May 03, 2011 8:02 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

easy now....this could be the Lions year to make the playoffs, but they are at least 2 years out from a serious chance at the Super Bowl.

The Cowboys are my pick to go from 10+ losses to 10+ wins the following year. Last year it was KC and it's been done 14 straight years now (or something like that).

Regardless, I want a rematch. Steelers v Packers round 2, we'll be there but the question is....will GB show up?

14NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Tue May 03, 2011 6:08 pm

kristi

kristi

The green and gold always shows up, birthday boy. I'd love a rematch too...b/c 2 rings are better than one.
bounce

Seriously though, I cannot stand the cowboys except for Tony Romo. Mark my word though, Dallas will not get to the superbowl...and I'd like to say the Patriots wont either. Blech T-Brady

15NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Wed May 04, 2011 7:37 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

we are in agreement, I hate everything that is Dallas but as an objective football observer, I think they have a good team. Not the team to beat in the NFC but a much better team then their record from last year.

16NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Wed May 04, 2011 8:01 am

kristi

kristi

Not hard to beat last years Dallas season though...

Wink

17NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Wed May 04, 2011 4:08 pm

Jimmy

Stanzi!! Pretty thrilled with the Chiefs draft and especially late round pick from Iowa, Ricky Stanzi! Reminds me of Brady coming out of Michigan - hopefully his potential can be tapped similarly! We did end up drafting a C, NT, and an OLB! Houston in the 3rd was a complete steal - so the kids smokes a little reefer, cmon! 1st round talent and I saw mocks that had him to us in the 1st as well.

18NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Wed May 04, 2011 10:06 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

before he was drafted, my buddies and I had the same exact discussion on how he reminds us of Brady. I'll be interested to see how he develops.

19NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Sat May 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Res

Colts addressed their two biggest needs, OT and DT. Costanzo and Ijalana will help on the O line, Nevis on the D line, and we drafted some RB from syracuse, can't remember his name.

I just hope to God there is football this year... the SB is in Indy!!

20NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:28 pm

Mr.Cheese

Only one thing to say..... Packer Repeat! Twisted Evil Draft away boys and girls, Title Town is back! Cool Detroit has always had talent, Dallas has always had talent ( they just can't gell as a team). Jimmy, I am and always have pulled for and liked the Chiefs. I must say tho..... once a Packer backer, always a Packer backer! cheers

21NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:41 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

something I learned about the chefs that I don't like...during the national anthem they change it to "home of the chiefs"

I just think that is something you don't alter, would it be much different if someone made a flag with one star bigger saying that is our state.

22NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:38 pm

kristi

kristi

Well they are the Patriots West so.... alien

23NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Jimmy

it is never meant as disrespect - believe these midwestern people love our flag, and national anthem! It's tradition for opening a game at arrowhead, that's all!

oh and Patriots West? I'll take that as a compliment that we are building a Superbowl caliber team. Smile thank you! cheers king

24NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:17 pm

Jimmy

one more thing.. Charles Woodson.. get off me SON!

25NFL Draft 2011 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2011 Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:36 pm

kristi

kristi

I can post a vid too Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum