TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL Season 2011

+3
Res
Severed Feet
Jimmy
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1NFL Season 2011 Empty NFL Season 2011 Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Jimmy

figured a seperate thread from the FF one might be in order.

So much movement going on - it's been nothing short of AWESOME! cheers

Some of the headliners:

McNabb to Minny

My take: Good for Minny, now Ponder can sit. McNabb has something to prove. The only question is as they've brought him in, they've lost his weapons (Rice, Berrian)

Haynesworth to NE for just a 5th round draft pick (2013 even lol)

My take: huge reward and very little risk move! Haynesworth can be cut with the Patriots completely off then hook for his salary - so he has no leverage. Even bigger than that is that this will be a contract year for big Al.. and we all know his biggest motivator is money.

Breaston to the Chiefs

My take: I greatly preferred James Jones from GB over Breaston. Breaston's knee issues worry me. That said he will be a great fit in the slot for KC. Bowe and Baldwin (big rookie WR) and Breaston is a talented threesome! Potentially the best wr core in the AFC West but that depends greatly on Bowe being consistant, Baldwin being as talented as advertised, and Breaston's health.

Hasslebeck to Tennessee

My take: love the move. Keeps Locker in a postition to groom rather than forced to start right away.

Chad Johnson (Ocho Cinco - gag) to NE

My take: Not a fan of CJ - I believe Haynesworth is much more likely to shut up and play this year than CJ!

Reggie Bush to Miami

My take: I cant remember the name of the rookie RB in Miami but this move could be nice if the two backs compliment each other. Pretty sure Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are gone.

2NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:57 pm

Severed Feet

Say what you want about 85, but he's not a bad player.
And he's a sideline-running field-stretcher to compliment Welker, their TE's and their screen-catching backs (better than Deion Butler is).

3NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Jimmy

I think he's a decent player, but his ego is bigger than his ability. This off season he came to KC to try out for MLS soccer, he had some other antics this off-season as well. Those are the aspects of CJ that make me think he wont succeed where Haynesworth can because Haynesworth can shut up if: team is winning, contract year and $$ are in the balance.

4NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Jimmy

new QB rating!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The new system takes way more into account like down and distance, time remaining, and all that sort of stuff. Basically it measures much better the clutch nature of the plays made. Here's how 2010 breaks down with the new math!

• Top tier: Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Michael Vick, Rodgers and Drew Brees.

Well above average: Josh Freeman, Eli Manning and Philip Rivers.

Above average: Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco, Matt Schaub, David Garrard and Kerry Collins.

Around average: Matt Cassel, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Colt McCoy, Kyle Orton and Jon Kitna.

Below average: Shaun Hill, Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Matt Hasselbeck, Chad Henne, Donovan McNabb, Sam Bradford and Alex Smith.

Poor: Derek Anderson, Brett Favre and Jimmy Clausen.

I would think that matches up much better with the eye test than what we've been used to. For example, Matt Cassel last year had a 90.3 rating, which is considered damn good. However his play when it counted most often was just average, rarely was he a difference maker when it mattered most! 90.3 was fools gold. This new system shows him where he belongs - just average.

5NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:19 am

Severed Feet

Yeah I was excited when I read they were doing this.
Hopefully it doesn't fade away into obscurity in a few months.

6NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:57 am

Res

peyton manning owns your face

7NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

ok, I think it is 15 straight seasons that a team who had lost 10 or more games the previous season wins 10 or more the following season. I want you prediction(s) as to what team(s) will continue this trend. Your choices are:

Dallas 6-10
Wash 6-10
Detroit 6-10
Minnesota 6-10
Carolina 2-14
SF 6-10
Arizona 5-11
Buffalo 4-12
Cleveland 5-11
Cinci 4-12
Houston 6-10
Tennesee 6-10
Denver 4-12

There are your choices, now make your pick(s). At first glance I like Dallas or Houston to make the jump. Then I think a little more and can see Detroit making it (if Stafford is healthy) also Minnesota with the addition of McNabb and they still have AP. Then don't count out Arizona with a POTENTIAL solid QB in Kolb especially given how bad that division is.

Teams that don't have a shot, IMO, Carolina, Buff, Cleve, Cinci, Denver.

Last year I did have KC as one of the teams that I thought would do it (and they did). This year, my official prediction is............

Houston (I can't believe that arrangement of letters came out of my keyboard). To be honest, it was either Houston or Dallas for me but Dallas plays the Giants and Eagles twice so I knocked them off in favor of Houston playing a weak division

Last edited by Zebug on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

8NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Severed Feet

Dallas.
Of course.

Very Happy

Also, I pretty much think Houston is a shoe-in for 10+ wins.

9NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I was all for Dallas until I watched Denver push around their D-line like it was a high school chess club. Granted its only one preseason game and really only 1 drive at that (with the starters) but good lord the Dallas line was bad.

10NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Res

i will not pick the texans until they have a season where they at least semi live up to expectations. nor will i ever pick anyone other than the colts to win the afc south. tenn is the only team to do it in the last 12 years or something ridiculous.

i'm gonna go with dallas if they can stay injury free. if romo gets hurt again, i reserve the right to choose... cleveland. yep, goin out on a limb.

11NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:42 am

Severed Feet

If Romo gets hurt again I might go crazy.

12NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:58 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

if Romo gets hurt again I'll have tears of joy

FUCK THEM COWBOYS!!!!!

13NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Jimmy

I'm voting NONE of them jump back to ten wins.

14NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

wow that is very bold Lethal....probably some really good odds in terms of payouts if you bet that in Vegas. It has happend every single year for 15 years now. Part of it is due to the weaker schedule that those teams play.

I can seriously see 2 teams doing it, but I like your pick (eventhough you are going to be wrong)

15NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:55 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

I can see Dallas, Detroit and Houston winning 10 games.

I would love to say Denver. Even seeing Saturday's game. I can't pick 10 games that they will win. 8 maybe even 9 if I am being Very generous.

16NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:21 pm

Jimmy

continued from love/hate:

Zebug wrote:I love how Jimmy thinks the 18 guys they drafted who are "contributing" would be considered legit NFL players on an actual NFL team.

/scoff

Glen Dorsey - RDE - starter - very good player
Brandon Albert - LT - starter - very good player
Brandon Flowers - CB - starter - top 10 CB
Jamaal Charles - RB - starter - top 5 RB (dont give me any nonsense about Thomas Jones "starting"
Brandon Carr - CB - starter - top 15 CB
Barry Richardson - RT - starter - solid player - excels in run blocking on league leading running team
Wallace Gilberry - DL - rotational player - 7 sacks last year in spot duty along with 2 forced fumbles

Tyson Jackson - LDE - starter - decent player needs improvement
Jake O'Connell - TE - Back up - depth and ST contributer
Quentin Lawerence - CB/returner - back up - making a position change
Ryan Succup - K - starter - mr irrelevant from this draft - obviously ST contributer
(technically should count Cassel here too - traded 2nd round pick in 09 for him)

Eric Berry - SS - starter and pro bowler his rookie year - obvious stud!
Dexter McCluster - RB/WR - rotational - multi-role offensive weapon and 3rd down back
Javier Arenas - CB - nickel corner - rotational player and punt returner
Jon Asamoah - RG - starter - excellent run blocker avg pass blocker and a nasty streak
Tony Moeaki - TE - starter - Tony 2.0 for the Chiefs, very polished TE receiver and blocker
Kendrick Lewis - FS - starter - solid in tandem with Berry
Cameron Sheffield - OLB - depth - special teams and back up with potential - shows pass rush flashes

You were saying? Tell ya what.. week 12 on SNF you can just see for yourself! There are only 4 players on this team drafted prior to the 08 draft (derrick johnson ILB, dustin colquitt P, tamba hali OLB, and dwayne bowe WR! All studs.. even Colquitt)

Just for grins.. the names from the 2011 class that yoou should get familiar with sooner than later:

Rodney Hudson - eventual starting center
Justin Houston - OLB opposite Hali - he will split time with our more steady veteran Studebaker but he is a pash rush force!
Jerrel Powe - NT splitting time with Kelly Gregg keeping the DL fresh!
Allen Bailey - raw DE that needs an actual off season

and all that without mentioning 1st round pick WR Baldwin whom currently is in the doghouse for a lockerroom fight that resulted in a cracked thumb - but has tons of potential once he shakes his diva mindset!

This is a very young team overall and build very well from the draft!

17NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:02 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

TLDR Razz

then again, if I was drafting in the top 10 of the draft for 40 years, I'd accidentally draft a few positions that are decent also.

(actually, that is all I hear about my Pens in hockey, they were bad for a few years and those drafts helped us to where we are now, tis the circle of life)

anyway, get ready for your 6-10 season KC fans...right along with GB, Indy, and Dallas.

18NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:16 am

Res

6-10 my ass

19NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:59 am

Severed Feet

Res wrote:6-10 my ass

20NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:31 am

Jimmy

the funniest part.. the Broncos evaded this list somehow and they actually will be 6-10! cheers

oh and ze.. you'll come back and read it after snf football.. you'll have to to find out what hit you guys that night. here's a hint though to help out of the early fog post game: it wasn't a mack truck!

21NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:09 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Someone DOESN'T read. Broncos did make the list...and they will win more than 6. 8 and 8 baby!

22NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Jimmy

FireSnake wrote:Someone DOESN'T read. Broncos did make the list...and they will win more than 6. 8 and 8 baby!

Shocked scratch

Zebug wrote:TLDR Razz

then again, if I was drafting in the top 10 of the draft for 40 years, I'd accidentally draft a few positions that are decent also.

(actually, that is all I hear about my Pens in hockey, they were bad for a few years and those drafts helped us to where we are now, tis the circle of life)

anyway, get ready for your 6-10 season KC fans...right along with GB, Indy, and Dallas.

scratch Suspect

It's the altitude isn't.. I mean there has to be some explanation for Broncos fans being dumb as mules! lol!

Last edited by Jimmy on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

23NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Res

anybody wanna put money on the fact that the colts will win more than 6 games?

24NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:52 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Definitely the altitude...and yes I guess I wasn't the one reading. DOH.

But he didn't include the Broncos probably because he thinks we will win less than 6 games.

Still saying 8 and 8. KC right behind at 6 and 10...Raiders 5 and 11...SD probably 10 and 6. UGH that sucks.

25NFL Season 2011 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:51 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

truthfully, fire, I like your picks for the most part but just switch KC and Denver and you might be spot on.

and hell no I won't take action on the colts winning less than 6.....unless you can guarantee me that Peyton doesn't play all season, then I'm going less than 4 wins.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum