TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL Season 2011

+3
Res
Severed Feet
Jimmy
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:38 am

Res

colts fucking suck. we're going to lose 80-0 at new england next week. don't even wanna think about it.

77NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Jimmy

Zebug wrote:/salute to the Chiefs and the effort they threw out there for prime time football. Also, props to the fans, I think this is the ONLY time the Steelers actually were a road team. Not too much black and gold in the stands.

On that last play, I'm wondering if Bowe thought that the pass wasn't for him and didn't want to tip it away from another receiver....?

KC will be back next year when they get healthy. The division is garbage and I'm still not drinking the Tebow Kool-Aid.

the defense deserves the salute, thank you. the offense needs to be taken out back and beaten to death. ugh! palko is horrid. i am stunned stanzi did not get in the game.

2 starts for palko so far: 0 td's 6 int's 1 fumble

seriously??? we cut croyle so this total scrub could be our back up? really?? gives me NO faith in this FO's talent evaluation ability.

as for the Bowe pass at the end.. Haley says they are taught DO NOT TIP them because tips so often lead to INT's.. kinda hard for anyone to expect Bowe to know there was yet another d-back nearby (who had to sky for the ball himself to reel it in!) but I've heard a lot of people beating up on Bowe for the play. looked like no effort but A: taught not to tip and B: likely never would have reached it anyway if he had tried

It's our Keanu Reeves QB's fault.. this aint the movies Falko!

Now we get Orton.. who is surely better than Palko.. but does nothing for the future of this team. FA after the season.. not all that different from Cassel anyway.. and leaves the questions of Stanzi completely unanswered as we head into a QB rich draft next year. Somehow at 4-7 they think we are still in it and mathmatically we are I suppose.. but cmon.. it's ok to take a step back to go way forward.

Herm Edwards gets a ton of my respect cause even though it cost him his job.. the best players on this team are players he drafted and played as rookies despite the record - he was ok with blowing it up and starting over cause it was what the franchise needed. Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Glen Dorsey, Branden Albert, Dwayne Bowe, Jamaal Charles, Dustin Colquitt - those are most of the biggest pieces on this team and they were all Herm guys. Only Eric Berry is really a fundamental piece from the new regime. Maybe RG Asamoah, FS Kendrick Lewis, LOLB Justin Houston, WR Jon Baldwin, and hopefully QB Ricky Stanzi will become part of it as well but not yet.

tl;dr booooo chiefs current statee of sucktitude!

78NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:44 pm

Res

i'm rooting for stanzi to get the start. i'm from iowa, i'd love to see him get the nod (even though orton is a fellow boiler)

79NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:35 am

FireSnake

FireSnake

Severed Feet wrote:If you watched the Denver game in its entirety today you'd reconsider "drinking the Tebow Kool-Aid."
He was only 50% passing on the day, but at least three of his throws were complete drops by the receivers.
So his 9-18 line could have easily been 12-18 (66%). And EVERY QB in the league is going to throw at least 2 or 3 bad balls a game. So when Tebow is only throwing 18 passes in a single game, it creates an illusion that he can't throw because those 2 or 3 bad passes stand out a lot more when you don't have as many passes to compare to.
Not to mention, all of his 20+ yard throws were very well thrown balls either on target or only slightly off, and none of them were ugly, some even pretty nice spirals. He could throw the ball cleanly in college, and the NFL isn't going to change how the ball spirals. Most rookies struggle at first getting into sync (look at Cam Newton's transformation from pre-season to regular season for example), and let's face it, this is basically an extension of his rookie year (3 games played last year, and then an extremely shortened off-season with a new HC, new system, largely different supporting cast).

The problem with the whole Tebow thing is he's being set up to fail (much like Andrew Luck). Because the next game Denver loses, it's going to be "Oh there we go, Tebow (not Denver) lost a game, see, it couldn't last forever."
Of course not. Fact is, Tebow has FAR exceeded all expectations up to this point, and I'll tell you right now, I will not be surprised if Denver actually wins the division. I think Oakland is good, but looking at each team's remaining schedule and seeing how Denver is only one game back, it's not a long-shot at all.

Nobody thinks the option can last long-term in the NFL, but that's because most people don't understand the option. All it is an extension of the hand-off. And if you have a QB who can throw well out of the pocket (ie, Tebow), it can actually be very productive. Especially with non-diva WR's who don't mind blocking (Decker?). People say Tebow will get hurt running... but he doesn't get hit half as badly running as QBs do on sacks. Plus, he's just plain BUILT differently. Vick gets hurt because he's built like me; thin, stick-ish, and athletic. Of course he can run the ball well, make cuts and jukes, it's how his body is composed. But hits are going to hurt him more. LOOK at Tebow. He's bigger than most of the people trying to tackle him.
Not to mention the fact that people suggest he should have switched positions... Oh, so all of the sudden if he switched to TE or HB, he's not going to get hurt with the ball in his hands... It's laughable.

Looong post, but I was really pumped up by watching the game, plus the Starbucks I had driving home from my parents house this evening, so I'm kind of wired at the moment lol.
Honestly, next draft, Denver just needs to draft a very dependable A+ WR (and maybe find a complete TE... I can't even name Denver's TE's off the top of my head...) and I believe they could be a very complete team.

And a corner because Champ Bailey is an old MFer.

I really enjoyed reading your long post. I agree with everything you said. I couldn't have said it better myself. I have said this all along. He has 3 to 4 drops by his receivers a game. Royal dropped one, Decker dropped one (he has dropped at least one every game) Johnson dropped one, Fells dropped one. (Fells is the Broncos catching TE) They have 3. He does have to work on his accuracy...but HE is basically a ROOKIE quarterback. He reads defenses better than most quarterbacks out there. HE doesn't give up the ball. NO fumbles...NO interceptions....8 Touchdown passes to ONE interception. He has run in 5 as well. The guy is KING in the redzone. He plays to win the game. I don't know how you can't believe in this guy. He is just going to get better and if this defense can do what they are doing then it is going to be a VERY scary team in the future. Talking about Champ. He is still the BEST CB in the game. He shuts down EVERY receiver he goes against. Goodman hasn't been consistant. He has a good game then he doesn't. The Undrafted Saftey Harris is quite a find. He has been all over the place when he is in there.

Draft we still need some depth in DT. I would like to get a GREAT WR and a running back that can back up Willis.

Anyway now you got to read another LONG...tho Not as long as Jordan's.

DRINKING THE TT KOOLAID.

ITS TIM TEBOW TIME!

80NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

then why the hell won't you trade for Tebow in FF??? Fire, you may not have even see the trade I proposed a week or so ago.

He is doing well in not turning the ball over and that is a BIG thing. The thing that I don't trust yet is the wildcat similarities. The wildcat was hard for opposing defenses to stop until they figured it out. Now the wildcat is dead. Defenses will adjust and stop him, then we will see if Tebow is the real deal and if he can adjust at THAT point, then I'll drink the kool-aid. Your own defense isn't going to be able to hold everyone to

Same with Sam Bradford, came out on fire last year....where is he is his sophomore year? If he makes the adjust and takes the step forward in year 3 then I will drink his kool-aid. Good players can look great for a short period of time, great players do it after they get knocked on their ass......the jury is still out.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

81NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Jimmy

the wildcat had a fatal flaw.. the qb moved to a wr spot and did nothing.. it ended up often being 11 v 10 in essence. they almost never threw out of the wildcat. the wildcat also came with a MASSIVE tip off everytime it was run.. when that qb would move outside.

this is different. tebow is a qb.. that can run. it's just a little zone read. it has no presnap tip off.

if they were really smart they'd start using some pistol formation as well. tebow is much better in the shotgun than under center.. but the shotgun forces a runningback to line up to either side. go pistol and the running back can be in an I formation look essentially.. keeping both sides of the run more open. ya know? hell all teams should have some pistol in their offense. it's a pretty solid formation.

82NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:21 pm

Severed Feet

Elaborating on what Jimmy said:

Running the wildcat all of the time would be the running equivalent to running 5-wide sets all of the time.
Very stupid.
Like Jimmy said, the wildcat completely telegraphs plays because whenever a team runs it, it's almost a certainty they aren't throwing it, and you're not creating this so-called "11v11" situation that all of the game casters and talking heads seemed to anoint the wildcat at first because, well, that QB standing out as a third receiver pretending to block is next to useless.

So wildcat won't work fundamentally except for random plays from time to time (but that's no different than a flee flicker or triple reverse working from time to time). And like I said earlier, running wildcat most of the time would be like emptying the backfield and running 5-wide sets most of the time.

Read option is the "wildcat" that can work. It's a RB in wildcat formation who can throw the ball. Of course there will be games that a defense figures out a way to stop whatever plays Denver calls. But there a games where NEW ENGLAND'S offense gets punked.

This all doesn't matter anyways until people begin to understand that Denver isn't even exclusively running the option.
They've ran a variety of formations. Hell, when Denver empties the back-field, they aren't actually emptying the backfield, lol, it's a 5-wide formation with a RB.

Of course, all X's and O's aside, it doesn't matter if the guy in question can't perform. And up until now, yeah Tebow hadn't really proven any naysayers wrong, I agree. But the game versus SD was imo a great sign for him.

83NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:26 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Also the wildcat is a one trick pony...its hike it to the RB and he runs forward. With the Option he reads which way the defense is switching..hands it off...runs it himself...or with the triple tosses it to the WR that is following him. OR he throws it. He has 2 other WR's that are running patterns or blocking. Depends on what he calls. He is pretty damn good at deciding which one he has to do at the point of attack.

And as Jordan says...its NOT all they run. They still have him set up behind center or in shotgun and throw it. Or he goes with a Quarterback Draw which isn't part of the option either. The option is just a couple of plays that they can and have been putting in there to showcase what Tebow does best.

Can it work thru the long haul? Why not? Its a LOT to digest if your on the defense which guy to cover...and Tebow then just changes it when he gets the ball. When he reads wtf your doing.

I like the idea of the pistol formation. Gives you another thing to think about.

84NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Res

WE WON!!!!!

85NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

lol gratz Res. Gotta ask, are you hoping for the #1 pick or are you too scared of the potential issues with the decision on whether or not to take Luck?

also gratz to Jimmy on beating the Pack.....speaking of, where is that little cheese head lady of ours anyway?

86NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:39 pm

Res

yes, i want the number one pick. either way we're good. either take luck and have a successor for manning, or trade the pick for a boatload of others to shore up our o-line, secondary, etc. curious to see what happens.

87NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Jimmy

beating the Packers was awesome! I dvr'd that game and have watched parts of it twice since it aired.. lol.

Goes to show just how bad the combo of Haley and Palko were for this teams mental state. they came out sunday believing again! max thought i was crazy picking us to win.. offered me 17 points in a lunch bet.. lol.. WINNING.

88NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:36 am

FireSnake

FireSnake

It just goes to show any given sunday...This week it will be any given saturday. I say GO CHIEFS. Win the next one. Then its a show down with Orton and Tebow. Great Football!

89NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:29 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

so the playoffs are set, the regular season is over. Lets look back at who won the guessing game from a team that lost 10 or more games in a season to 10 or more wins the following:

This was the 2011 candidates with their 2010 season records then what they did this year in 2011.

Dallas 6-10 to 8-8
Wash 6-10 to 5-11
Detroit 6-10 to 10-6
Minnesota 6-10 to 3-13
Carolina 2-14 to 6-10
SF 6-10 to 13-3
Arizona 5-11 to 8-8
Buffalo 4-12 to 6-10
Cleveland 5-11 to 4-12
Cinci 4-12 to 9-7
Houston 6-10 to 10-6
Tennesee 6-10 to 9-7
Denver 4-12 to 8-8

So the winners were Houston, SF, and Detroit. I picked Houston (nailed it). Sev went Dallas and Houston. Res went Dallas and maybe Cleveland lol. Fire went Dallas, Houston and Detroit (props for the Detroit pick). Jimmy went with nobody....talk about fail lol.

90NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Res

ok, so my cleveland pick was pretty bad haha. dallas should have won 10 games if they weren't complete fucking idiots.

91NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:11 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

I picked 2 out of the 3...I WIN!!!!!

92NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:59 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I went 1 for 1, so I win the batting title, just like I did fantasy football and I'm about to do with pick'em.....

93NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Severed Feet

TEEEEEEBOOOOOOOOW

94NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:59 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Pittsburg LOSES....I hope they have fun watching from their couches!!!!

TTT!!!!

95NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:00 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Zebug wrote:I went 1 for 1, so I win the batting title, just like I did fantasy football and I'm about to do with pick'em.....

WELL you only picked ONE. The other 2 you didn't pick were wrong...so you went 1 out of 3. Sorry I WIN!

96NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:03 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

FireSnake wrote:I can see Dallas, Detroit and Houston winning 10 games.

I would love to say Denver. Even seeing Saturday's game. I can't pick 10 games that they will win. 8 maybe even 9 if I am being Very generous.

DID I CALL THIS or WHAT??? 8 wins!!!! I am a freaking Prophet! and right now they have won 9...MUHAHAHAHAHA

97NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:22 am

Res

and DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!!!

sorry kristi, the chance to repeat is now over. at least you made the playoffs and didn't suck ass the whole year. *cough* colts *cough*

98NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:00 pm

kristi

kristi

That was one of the most depressing and aggravating game I can remember watching in a long time. That was not OUR team and I cannot understand how a rested, amped, skilled team at HOME could've played like that. Granted they did the same vs. KC but who the hell cares about the chiefs anyways. I will be rooting for the 9ers to bring home the trophy and I will be watching the SB 45 dvd tonight and drown away my sorrows

RIP 2011 Packer season...

99NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:36 pm

Res

on the bright side i'm going to be in indy for superbowl weekend... my girlfriend lives 5 mins from lucas oil. gonna be NUTS!!!!! once in a lifetime experience for us midwest folk.

100NFL Season 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Jimmy

woot! Patriots and Brady! Brady is so honest too.. said post "I sucked today"

Superbowl bound none the less!!

Here for you Belichek lovers....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum