TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL Season 2011

+3
Res
Severed Feet
Jimmy
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Severed Feet

So speculation is that my boy Hernandez is going to be out 4-5 weeks instead of the originally speculated 1-2 weeks...

Sad

AND now Austin and Jones are hurt on my 'Boys not to mention Romo is a pin cushion... Added to our DB injuries and I'm thinking we're going to be 1-3 in a few weeks...

52NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Jimmy

this is from the game tonight, Giants players faking injury to slow down the Rams no huddle offense.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On one hand, the images are hilarious! Even funnier if you saw it live in game! Notice how two of them drop lol, even at this the Giants are not on the same page. Lol notice how Tuck just steps over the dude like nothing happened.

On the other hand.. there needs to be a rule on this.. so bush league!

53NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:02 pm

kristi

kristi

Hilariousness

54NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:29 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

should be 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct and a time out charged.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

55NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:21 am

Res

they aren't faking it, they both got AWPed

56NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Jimmy

Bob Sanders - IR again. dude needs to hang em up!

I think the Chiefs get their first win this week. We'll know in the 1st quarter. If Cassel struggles and Minny moves the ball.. the boo birds will be out in force. Cassel will crumble and game over. Need a good start bigtime in this game to get a win.

57NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:51 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Well they did amazingly enough. Soo the Luck pool is still open to Minn and Indy. GOD I would hate hate hate it if Luck got drafted by Indy.

58NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:36 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

random amazing stat of the week:

Cincinnati, Buffalo and San Francisco are 11-4.
Philadelphia, Indianapolis and the Jets are 3-12.

This is why every year, every team has a shot.

59NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:09 pm

Jimmy

i hate that Indy or Miami are likely going to get yet another franchise qb, bah! I mean I will honestly not be surprised at all if the Chiefs beat the Raiders this week, making us 3-3 and we still have Miami on the schedule.. there is no way we fail to win four games. Haley really didn't have this team ready at all to start the season.

Ponder looked decent last night. TY Leslie Fraizer for taking AP out! Shocked

60NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

well Miami hasn't had a franchise QB since Marino, but I wonder what the Colts do should they get that #1 overall pick. Do they trade it, do they take Luck? I'm not sure you take a qb overall with the #1 unless you think Peyton has only 2-3 years left at most. Unless this neck thing is REALLY bad, I see another 5+ easy from the man.

61NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:21 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Raiders gave up 2 first round draft picks for Palmer? This a good idea? He looked horrible last year. And hasn't played at all this year.

62NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

well, its only 1 first round pick, the 2nd first round pick is conditional on the Raiders winning a playoff game....which they may/may not do(I'm betting on no).

Either way, a single first round pick was too much. This pisses me off as a Steeler fan, I don't want the Bungles to get better damn it!!!!

I heard Oakland only has like a 5th and 6th round pick in the entire 2012 draft left. What a crap organization. I'm sorry to say, but Al Davis passing is the best thing that could have happened to them. They need a totally different direction, totally new scouts, totally new management...like totally man!

63NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:49 pm

Severed Feet

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

64NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:04 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Looks like Indy being the worst team in the league right along Miami. Who ever thunk that with out Peyton that team would SUCK!!!

65NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:14 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

FireSnake wrote:Looks like Indy being the worst team in the league right along Miami. Who ever thunk that with out Peyton that team would SUCK!!!

this guy

66NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Zebug wrote:and hell no I won't take action on the colts winning less than 6.....unless you can guarantee me that Peyton doesn't play all season, then I'm going less than 4 wins.

See what I said earlier in this thread....I'm freaking awesome

67NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Res

yea, it hurts to watch. caldwell needs to be fired.

68NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:04 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

OMG KC lost to MIAMI?? Miami?? The team that we thought was the only team worse than Indy. WOW.

69NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:18 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Tim Tebow rolls over another team. JUST KIDDING. The defense won this game. The offensive line and the running backs won this game. Tim did just enough to NOT lose the game. One pass for one touchdown. Tho to give him credit he would have been 6 for 8 if 4 of his passes that were ON the receivers hands would have caught them. I saw 2 badly thrown balls all the others they should have caught. Anyway...Broncos still winning now are tied for first...or last of the AFC West.

70NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

that whole division should just give up

71NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Jimmy

cassel possibly done for the year.. we are forced to watch tyler palko.. on mnf. i hope he is ready cause that's a grand stage.

rooting for stanzi to play at some point if cassel doesnt return.

72NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Jimmy

everyone that commented on any of my chiefs gear yesterday and all my sports buddies.. all said the same thing to me: how bad is it gonna be on mnf? my answer was the same to all: <chuckle> BAD!

during the preseason palko pretty much threw off his back foot over half his throws. i think he almost prefers it. Suspect

branden albert (LT) has had a rough year giving up 4 sacks and 7 penalities.. tonight he faces this resurgent carter (DE) that had 4.5 sacks last week!

one good thing.. palko is a lefty.. so that matchup will be happening in his face instead of his blind side. although that leaves barry richardson (RT) protecting his back, yikes.

i'm not expecting much tonight. low expectations are the key to me smiling about anything.. much easier than having lofty dreams. so on that note .. here's to showing up for the game! cheers

73NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:44 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Well they were there..I don't know about showing up. But they were there.

On a brighter note you have a New Quarterback...Kyle Orton. Again. I am sorry.

74NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:27 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

/salute to the Chiefs and the effort they threw out there for prime time football. Also, props to the fans, I think this is the ONLY time the Steelers actually were a road team. Not too much black and gold in the stands.

On that last play, I'm wondering if Bowe thought that the pass wasn't for him and didn't want to tip it away from another receiver....?

KC will be back next year when they get healthy. The division is garbage and I'm still not drinking the Tebow Kool-Aid.

75NFL Season 2011 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Season 2011 Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:34 am

Severed Feet

If you watched the Denver game in its entirety today you'd reconsider "drinking the Tebow Kool-Aid."
He was only 50% passing on the day, but at least three of his throws were complete drops by the receivers.
So his 9-18 line could have easily been 12-18 (66%). And EVERY QB in the league is going to throw at least 2 or 3 bad balls a game. So when Tebow is only throwing 18 passes in a single game, it creates an illusion that he can't throw because those 2 or 3 bad passes stand out a lot more when you don't have as many passes to compare to.
Not to mention, all of his 20+ yard throws were very well thrown balls either on target or only slightly off, and none of them were ugly, some even pretty nice spirals. He could throw the ball cleanly in college, and the NFL isn't going to change how the ball spirals. Most rookies struggle at first getting into sync (look at Cam Newton's transformation from pre-season to regular season for example), and let's face it, this is basically an extension of his rookie year (3 games played last year, and then an extremely shortened off-season with a new HC, new system, largely different supporting cast).

The problem with the whole Tebow thing is he's being set up to fail (much like Andrew Luck). Because the next game Denver loses, it's going to be "Oh there we go, Tebow (not Denver) lost a game, see, it couldn't last forever."
Of course not. Fact is, Tebow has FAR exceeded all expectations up to this point, and I'll tell you right now, I will not be surprised if Denver actually wins the division. I think Oakland is good, but looking at each team's remaining schedule and seeing how Denver is only one game back, it's not a long-shot at all.

Nobody thinks the option can last long-term in the NFL, but that's because most people don't understand the option. All it is an extension of the hand-off. And if you have a QB who can throw well out of the pocket (ie, Tebow), it can actually be very productive. Especially with non-diva WR's who don't mind blocking (Decker?). People say Tebow will get hurt running... but he doesn't get hit half as badly running as QBs do on sacks. Plus, he's just plain BUILT differently. Vick gets hurt because he's built like me; thin, stick-ish, and athletic. Of course he can run the ball well, make cuts and jukes, it's how his body is composed. But hits are going to hurt him more. LOOK at Tebow. He's bigger than most of the people trying to tackle him.
Not to mention the fact that people suggest he should have switched positions... Oh, so all of the sudden if he switched to TE or HB, he's not going to get hurt with the ball in his hands... It's laughable.

Looong post, but I was really pumped up by watching the game, plus the Starbucks I had driving home from my parents house this evening, so I'm kind of wired at the moment lol.
Honestly, next draft, Denver just needs to draft a very dependable A+ WR (and maybe find a complete TE... I can't even name Denver's TE's off the top of my head...) and I believe they could be a very complete team.

And a corner because Champ Bailey is an old MFer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum