TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

COD Black Op's

+4
FireSnake
Severed Feet
Res
Zebug
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Severed Feet

I haven't checked out Theater yet but it does sound awesome.
Could you imagine if CS had that back in it's popular days?

Actually, playing FPS's online again has made me miss CS lol.

I was home all weekend so I wasn't able to get on at all.
Next week is Turkey break so I dunno if I'm going to bring my PC home with me or not.

52COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Jimmy

yeah that would have been pretty leet in the CS days. instead people actually had to decide when to record lol..

i file shared a video from 3rd person view.. me coming around a corner and this dude with the flamethrower torching me! lol. I killed him but i was on fire and died as well. awesome.

oh and missing cs is why i play search and destroy so exclusively. it's the right transition for me from cs to these newer shooters.

53COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Jimmy

sniping is so hard in this game. Even with a semi auto.. the kick after the 1st shot is so big and bouncy (mind sidetracks to boobs... still there.. )

umm. yeah sniping is hard. also.. I really dig the crossbow but I never get the explosive kill I need for my achievment. Sad in hardcore.. the arrow hits hard enough to get the blunt damage kill.. lol. on one hand this is fine but on the other hand.. it's ruining my attempts at the achievement i need for a pro perk. grr.

54COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:34 pm

Severed Feet

Which pro perk?

I've unlocked most of the blue and red, but green is tough stuff. Got Hacker Pro finally...

For steady aim perk (the red one for snipers) do you have to be sniping to get one-shot kill medals? Because I was using the perk with the FN FAL and obviously killing in one shot, but I haven't been progressing in that requirement...

55COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Jimmy

i thought it was for my warlord perk.. however.. thinking about it.. maybe it was a contract i had purchased?

56COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

not sure exactly what the contract says jimmy, but I was getting easy kills with the crossbow's explosion in nuketown. There is almost always someone camping in the 2nd floor of the houses, so simply launching a dart into the window, even if it sticks in the wall and explodes gets a kill nearly everytime.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

57COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Jimmy

couldnt find it Sad not sure what i saw it under

58COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:08 pm

Jimmy

I had to play TDM to do it.. but I got my Ghost Pro! w00t.

The server.. let me know what mode you guys want it set to? Or maybe a blend of modes? I have hardcore s&d servers that I frequent.. might as well make the server something you guys would prefer.

in regards to TDM.. I must say I prefer NON-hardcore over hardcore.. it's just too lame in hardcore mode where you can team kill way to easy. With the uni's changing as much as they do, enemies being anywhere as often as they are... it just makes for too many hesitations in hardcore mode. Doesnt work like S&D where you know the direction the threat is coming from and recognition happens much quicker.

that all said.. what are your fav weapons. I am loving the ak74u with lightweight and marathon.. omg the flank moves in search and destroy or just beating people to choke points!

I miss my m4.. cant wait to get it back. I'm about 9 levels away I think. M16 silenced has served me well filling the void.

I'm finding the famas a bit uncontrollable in extended bursts.. and whatever weapon I'm facing is not

I've been using the PSG1 for sniping but it kicks like a mofo! I want so badly to try the WA2000 but it's just soooo ugly.. lol.

Last edited by Jimmy on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

59COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:20 pm

Severed Feet

My favorite mode is DOM but that's just because that's all I've really been playing.
And I haven't played much at all in the last couple of weeks because of school. Last two weeks of classes so yeah.

Favorite gun is probably the aug. Famas would probably be second. I can never really get in to SMGs and since I play HC and the game is so fast paced snipers are pointless (although in S&D that may be different).

60COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Res

BFBC2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> black ops

61COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:11 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Res I do like BFBC2, but I gotta play black ops more before I can make a judgement.

I've been running the famas or gali with steady aim, really helps the hip firing but just last night I switched to sleight of hand. My fav gun is the commando but I prestige'd so I don't have it yet.

I think my list of modes go:

HQ
DOM
TDM
DEM
S&D
SAB

and can't think of another...oh ya FFA but I only use those to finish up a pro perk if needed.

The only thing I hate about hardcore is your kill streaks can kill your entire team, Rolling thunder and napalm has gotten me kicked so many times. I place it on the map where no one on my team is located, but by the time the killstreak getst there the entire team has moved into that location and gets wasted. I don't mind tactical servers, but I hate crouch only servers.

62COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:59 pm

Jimmy

ok so here's my thought for modes available for rotation:

TDM (non HC)
Demolition (HC)
CTF (non HC)
HQ (HC)

just those four modes. I can jam on some tactical S&D in other servers. I need to start playing some CTF to get my pro marathon perk.

perks guide: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ps.. disgraceful but yesterday.. I was killed by a guy whom bounced his hatchet off the wall into me! grrr

63COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Jimmy

alright I set the server to this option they had called TeamTactical.. basically it has the modes TDM, Dom, Dem, S&D all built in. Should be all ready.

here's the pc community update from treyarch.. from 12-2

link = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hey PC gamers:

We are listening to you and we’ve been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.

IN PROGRESS

• Added an option to create shaders during load time. This fixes hitching when viewing a new area of the map for the first time on some video cards.
• Incomplete server browser results.
• Improvements to Quickmatch results (with better ping and reduced lag)..
• /connect
• /reconnect
• Improved threading performance on computers with only 2 cores.
• Fixed random freezes in certain computer configurations.
• Increased reserved slots to 9.
• Improvements to the spawn system to resolve an issue where negative spawn influencers from specific game events were not always being deleted after the danger had cleared – in some matches, this was causing good spawns to be erroneously flagged by the game as bad spawns, which in turn forced actual bad spawns to get selected later in the match
• Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
• Prevention of killstreak selection getting disabled in Combat Training under rare conditions
• Array: Added collision to prevent players from partially clipping into a tree
• Launch: Added collision to prevent players from strafe jumping onto an invisible ledge at the base of the rocket near B3
• Summit: Added collision to prevent players from jumping to a location outside of the map boundary when in Custom Games where player speed is maxed out
• Havana: Added collision to prevent players from jumping onto an invisible ledge above a doorway at C2
• Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin’s head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location
• Launch: User could access a small platform outside of the intended play space below the rocket gantry by jumping to a very specific location; now blocked from access
• Launch: User could access a small area inside geometry at vents near Dom flag A by going prone and moving around in a very specific location; now blocked from access
• Some users reported that weapon attachment challenges were not resetting after prestige; now all are guaranteed to clear as soon as selecting the prestige option
• Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
• Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
• Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
• User can get an infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package' and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks (commonly referred to as the “care package glitch”)

LIVE FIXES

11/19

• CPU performance improvements
• Server browser bug fixes and tweaks to populate faster and do full refresh less often
• Fixed crash when viewing leaderboards if player has more than 99 friends
• Fix for locked ADS after pressing shift-TAB to bring up Steam overlay
• Fix for ADS while holding shift as a sniper
• CPU performance improvements
• Zombie matchmaking improvements
• Fix for locked ADS after pressing shift-TAB to bring up Steam overlay
• Fix for ADS while holding shift as a sniper

11/11
- Friends fix for join in progress and Friends tab in server browser.
- Performance improvement for dual and quad core.
- Improved connectivity with Black Ops Rcon tool.

11/10
- GameServers.com has bumped sv_maxrate to 25000 across all servers to reduce lag.
- GameServers.com continues to improve

64COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:58 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

hey jimmy, do you post on that forum at all? I do but not a lot, name there is zbug

anyway, about to prestige for the 2nd time. Currently running Ghost Pro, Sleight of hand Pro, and Hacker Pro (love Ghost Pro by the way, great for taking out the choppers).

When I restart I'm going to give Flak Jacket, Sleight of hand, and Tactical Mask a go. I think Sleight of hand will be in every class I ever make again.

I think I'm basically going to run one build from 1-50 and then change it up each time to keep it fresh, first time through I did hardline, steady aim, hacker with 3 care packages for my kill streaks (sentry, care package, & sam) so I could change them up with hardline.

65COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:07 pm

Jimmy

nope I dont post there.

I'm almost to the end of my 1st prestige (level 48 now) and I'm stopping there. I've been using the G11 lately.. kinda cool. I have it completely bare bones. I only prestiged to get another custom class slot opened. Down the road I may prestige again but for now I will just work on getting the pro perks I want and murdering fools left and right as best I can. Smile

66COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Res

i've played black ops a few times on ps3 and i gotta say... don't really like it too much. still partial to battlefield but maybe because i'm a fucking beast with the m95 sniper rifle

67COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

blah, anyone can be a beast with a sniper rifle and auto-aim.

68COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Res

auto-aim?

69COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I mean aim assist, Console's have aim assist because its harder than using a mouse in an FPS. So even if you are a little off, the game will aim for you so you hit your target....at least that is what everyone on the PC side of things says about consoles.

70COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:33 am

Severed Feet

At least as far as CoD is concerned, there isn't aim assist on the 360.

71COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Jimmy

ak47u with lightweight, warlord (pistol grip and double-clipped magazine), & marathon.. dominating -- and that's still in search and destroy hardcore where not having ghost perk is a death wish!

It just gets me to the choke points so fast though -- and anyone who remembers my propensity to rush will know this fits me well. The other side always gets forced to react to me rather than the other way around.

In CS this was never quite as effective, it all depended on getting the "good spawn". In CoD, with such variance in kits and speed, especially 'lightweight' because so many choose 'ghost' there -- it's an advantage I can exploit routinely and I've been doing so a lot lately.

My sniper kit and commando kits still get their use here and there though. Smile

72COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Jimmy

just hit 50 on my second prestige last night. Gonna prestige a 3rd time to get that next custom slot opened up Smile

we now have a good number of players to play together sometime:

myself
zebug
sev
paulson
parallax
max
duke

hopefully a few more take the plunge. i'd like to pick a BO night where the 7 of us can meet up to kill. lots of christmas nubs on (like duke!) ripe for being owned.

73COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:27 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Sunday January 2nd 8:00pm EST???

74COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:10 am

Res

wish you guys were playin on ps3, then i could join. oh well, can't win em all.

75COD Black Op's - Page 3 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:58 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

just place your TV behind your keyboard, take a dry erase marker and write our names on the screen and you'll feel like the old days...although Lethal has gotten even worse since then so write a 5-23 score next to his name.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next