TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

COD Black Op's

+4
FireSnake
Severed Feet
Res
Zebug
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:01 pm

Jimmy

i can haz skillz plz! Sad

i had the umm.. gunship helicopter.. oh.. the hind for the first time. i sucked! didnt realize i had to fly it around unlike the chopper gunner that flys around for you lol. so there i am.. hovering.. like a sitting duck!

yes i got shot down, lol. i did go 15-4 that map tho. one of my best rounds in this game. typically in those s&d matches the top scores may barely approach double digits ya know? 7 rounds max (first team to 4 wins, wins) just isnt a lot of time to rack up some kills.

77COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 pm

Duke Nukem

Jimmy wrote:just hit 50 on my second prestige last night. Gonna prestige a 3rd time to get that next custom slot opened up Smile

we now have a good number of players to play together sometime:

myself
zebug
sev
paulson
parallax
max
duke

hopefully a few more take the plunge. i'd like to pick a BO night where the 7 of us can meet up to kill. lots of christmas nubs on (like duke!) ripe for being owned.

I wouldnt call me a nub considering I killed you 7 times last night vs the 3 you got on me. :p

78COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Jimmy

oh brother.

and the map before where i shredded you and your whole team and then unleashed my chopper on you all has dissappeared from memory i suppose? ha! catching me in CTF running for flags repeatedly in an effort to unlock my marathon pro perk hardly counts as owning me, just blind luck.

gg's though. king

79COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:02 pm

Jimmy

ghost pro, lightweight pro, ninja pro, hardened pro, warlord pro, marathon pro.. all unlocked now. the only others i want to make sure and get are scout pro and sleight of hand pro.. the rest.. if they happen on their own.. maybe maybe hacker and hardline pro...

i really love marathon pro.. to just run and not fatigue is so beneficial..even more so than ninja pro is (sucks that they occupy the same perk slot but both together would be OP for sure). controlling choke points is so vital in S&D!

80COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:35 am

Severed Feet

I've been playing a lot of HC TDM on tactical servers.
CoD is really such a great game if everything is slowed down, which crouch only forces.

81COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:39 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

hate crouch only servers, I'm ok with tactical servers, but crouch only is dumb.

I won't run anything else in the 2nd slot other than sleight of hand. Right now I am working on marathon pro for the first time.

Flak jacket is fun as you can laugh at claymores. Hacker is great as you can shoot the claymores you see through the wall and often kill the guy setting it.

I love hardline pro with the sam turret/care package/sentry gun kill streak. As you can change each of those with the perk. Out of the three you are bound to get something good.

I have been prestiging so I'll run one setup from level 1-50 and then switch, keeping it fresh for me.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

82COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Jimmy

Sev you need to play some of my tactical S&D servers now. BC is a good one because they dont allow spawn rushing on defense, so it really sets up the struggle to manage choke points and play within the team.

I got scout pro the other day, it SUCKS! seriously what a wasted effort. I wanted something like quicker recoverym from being out of breath or even longer amount of time holding breath! Switching weapons faster is useless for me. In hardcore mode, if you're that close to someone, you're probably dead already!

83COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:51 pm

Severed Feet

Would anyone be up for Nazi Zomb any time?
None of my friends here in town play games on PC and I want ZOMBIES!!!

84COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm

Jimmy

Is it done peer to peer. I talked to Max and we're both down. I think it can take 4 players total right?

I havent done the zombies in this game yet, altho I did play them in Treyarchs last game (WaW). So glad this game comes with so much stuff! All the multiplayer game modes and wager modes, solid single player, zombies mode, and even the top down old school shooter zombie mode (altho I have no idea how to access that)

Also.. here's a preview of the first DLC for Black Ops. It's not known yet if it will cost on PC (and PS3)or not, but it's 15 bucks on xbox.

85COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:27 am

Res

Played all day... was tearing shit up on hardcore team deathmatch.

had a run of like 25-5, 24-6, 20-4. wish you guys played on PS3. my computer just can't handle it.

86COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Duke Nukem

Res I told you id help you build a new rig damnit. :p

Also I just saw this today... made me laugh so hard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

87COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:44 pm

Jimmy

pretty cool little series of vids here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Black Ops mythbusters lol. I learned a couple things. Shocked

88COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:23 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I watched the first episode a while ago (they also did a series for BFBC2) but I haven't went back to see their new ones...thanks for the reminder.

As for episode 2, for now you can reroll all aridrops (sam turret, sentry gun, etc) but that is changing with a upcoming patch to only being able to reroll care packages.

Didn't know about the flames going through the doors on radation....awesome.

Episode 3, didn't know a person can break your fall.
Surprised you can't kill yourself with your own tomahawk, you can kill yourself with your own smoke/flash/concussion nade if it bounces off a wall (seen it happen)
Explosive bolts to care package is freaking awesome

Its awesome how you can take out aircraft with other aircraft (napalm taking out a care package, morter taking out cobra, etc). Didn't know any of that and I had a chopper gunner last night and we flew over a cobra and I thought for a second about seeing if I could down it but then I saw too many red diamonds in the open and had to kill them all Smile

89COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Jimmy

hatchet to heli for the win! lol!

those videos were great and I'm disappointed you never shared when you saw the first one Ze! Evil or Very Mad king

90COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:45 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Jimmy wrote:those videos were great and I'm disappointed you never shared when you saw the first one Ze! Evil or Very Mad king

ya...you'll get over it Twisted Evil lol! afro

91COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Jimmy

Marathon Pro versus Ninja Pro

what say you? I currently have 3 kits I use a ton.. my Spectre kit (Lighweight Pro, Warlord Pro, Marathon Pro), my AK (Ghost Pro, Sleight of Hand Pro, Marathon Pro), and my Commando (M4 basically.. was there a naming right s issue lol!) which has Ghost Pro, Warlord Pro, and Ninja Pro.

At this point that is my only class with ninja pro anymore. I have Marathon pro on my lesser used classes as well. My sniper class (get to position faster), my m14 class (flak jacket, warlord pro, marathon pro) and my LMG class (m60 makes you move so slow i need that unlimited run) all have it. I have one other custom class (7 total at my prestige level) with random stuff I rarely use (like Hacker and scavenger and stuff) but that class hardly counts.

So my point.. can Ninja Pro really stand up to Marathon Pro? I know in SnD it's all about getting to the choke points first usually, althou making no noise is certainly not a complete waste either. (like CS basically always was with rushing to choke points and walking when things got tense) Yet, lately I find myself picking my AK over my Commando almost all the time.. and i freaking love the Commando! I have it all stealthed up with a silencer (and the double magazine for a quick reload) and paired with a silence Pistol.. I mean that class is built for ultra quiet. Yet even on defense lately I'm choosing my loud ass AK kit lol.

When I built these kits I was striving for a bit of diversity in them for various situations, but... I'm running out of situations really where Ninja pro (complete quiet and enemiess are louder) can trump Marathon Pro (endless sprint/no fatigue). Especially where if I really need to move quietly.. I'll crouch walk (altho another ninja pro would be able to hear that still).

What say you?

92COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:41 pm

QwkSylver

Oh!! I might borrow some of your abilities for myself to use. I like being "sneaky sneaky" to gain the upper hand. Very Happy

93COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

marathon pro >>>> ninja pro but I'm a rusher, run and gun all day baby.

Every build I ever make has sleight of hand. My gun of choice is the Galil w/ extended mag.

94COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:40 pm

Jimmy

commando >>>> galil
ak >>>> galil

Shocked

yeah marathon pro is such a huge benefit. I switched it into my commando class last night to try it.. but I have to admit I was missing the silence I could move in quickly with ninja pro, not as long as I can with marathon but still. Gonna switch it back me thinks. I like the diversity.Mayb I'll switch my commando and ak up instead. the silenced ak is pretty decent.

95COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:38 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I like the ak for non-hardcore as the extra umph it has does well, but in hardcore I'll take the galil over it anyday (I like the commando the best but its unlocked so late in leveling up that I typically stay with the galil to get some of the big xp bonuses (its like 20,000 xp for 1000 kills or something along those lines.)

96COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:50 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

and just so Jimmy isn't mad at me for not sharing this Surprised This guy does a decent job at making these vids about jumps and spots. I think right now he has 7 maps done that just show all the good spots on the map. He also did one about nades which has gotten me a ton of kills, wish he would continue that series. Anyway, here is one of his vids to get you started:

97COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Jimmy

thanks man. knew many of them already and many are disallowed om the servers I play. (tactical rules dont allow ledging which means standing on stuff that you appear to be partially floating on cause there really isnt enough room to stand)

However I did pick up a few that I can use. thanks!

98COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Jimmy

widescreeners.. I honestly didnt notice a greater field of vision going from my normal aspect 17" monitor to the widescreen.. do you all have the FOV setting turned up?

99COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:57 pm

Severed Feet

FOV is one of the things I never pay attention to ever.
But I will say that a lot of games are poorly optimized in regards to FOV.

100COD Black Op's - Page 4 Empty Re: COD Black Op's Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:48 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

No, I haven't messed with my fov, though I think the pros do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next