TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

Regarding CS:GO

+12
Duke Nukem
Munra
Skullz
Jimmy
The Shit AKA FroPick
KillSwitch
nYranger
FireSnake
Res
kristi
Zebug
Severed Feet
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CS:GO?

Regarding CS:GO Vote_lcap35%Regarding CS:GO Vote_rcap 35% [ 6 ]
Regarding CS:GO Vote_lcap18%Regarding CS:GO Vote_rcap 18% [ 3 ]
Regarding CS:GO Vote_lcap24%Regarding CS:GO Vote_rcap 24% [ 4 ]
Regarding CS:GO Vote_lcap18%Regarding CS:GO Vote_rcap 18% [ 3 ]
Regarding CS:GO Vote_lcap5%Regarding CS:GO Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Regarding CS:GO Empty Regarding CS:GO Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:47 am

Severed Feet

So Duke and I were talking last night.

Basically, I'm curious as to how many of us are interested in playing CS:GO when it comes out. I know he and I are, and Zald had said he's very interested in a thread in the gaming forums.
I just think it would be nice to try and start TGAv2 with CS:GO.

I mean, we already have a good core with
Me
Duke
Zald
Fire
Derek
Ze?
Jimmy?
Kristi if she updates her rig a little Razz
Muddog?
RP?
Adam??

I don't know really anything about owning/renting a server, but from my basic research I see it can be either a lot cheaper than I was expecting, or pretty expensive if you rent a full dedicated server as opposed to just a game server. But I guess the one thing I don't know is if the quality of an individual CS server differs between those two options. Maybe one of you knows a bunch about this - I honestly don't remember who it was who operated TGA servers originally.
But I'd definitely be willing to drop my Old Republic subscription and put in towards a server.

But yeah, just wondering what the general consensus of this would be. Really I just think it would be sweet to have this big thriving community again.

2Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

voted doubt it, but I'll never say never.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

3Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:15 pm

kristi

kristi

Cmon Brian!!

I'd love to if and when I get a new pc. It could happen, ya know Razz

4Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Severed Feet

You wouldn't need much of an upgrade, Kristi. Razz
Considering it's still built on the Source engine, which came out, what, 5 years ago, you could get a current-gen bargain PC and probably run it. *shrug* Razz

5Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:05 am

Res

I'm definitely down. I'd love to get back to our roots, at least for awhile. I know ze hates cs, along with plenty of others. Don't think of the game as a step back (which yes, it is when compared to BF3, COD, etc). Just think of it as a good time with friends in a game that brought us all together in the first place. I'm proud to say that I know all of you and I'd be sad in some way if I didn't meet all of you. Like it or not, CS is the thing that brought us all into each other's lives.

6Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:22 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

I had to say maybe...just because I can't dedicate the time to games like I used to. I am hardly ever on the pc any more. Other than at work. I play games on the ps3 but I am sure every once in a while I would love to come play with you guys.

7Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Severed Feet

Hey btw, who runs this forum?
One thing I know less about than owning a CS server? Forum/website hosting, lol.

I guess if we're going to end up going through with this we need a legit website again, so we're gonna need someone who knows that stuff, lol.

As you can all tell, I'm pretty serious about this. Very Happy

Oh, and, c.jff Hockeyman who's a friend of mine in 'teh rl' and his brother Ender would be 2 more "Hell yes" votes.

8Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:39 pm

Res

I know Zebug created this forum, so he pretty much "runs" it. Don't think there's much to run, TBH. I'd be more than willing to contribute money for a website/server.

9Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

yea I started this when our old one died, its a free forum but seems to fit our needs. I'm pretty sure I/we can customize it with our own colors, pictures, etc and would be happy to turn that over to anyone that wants to play around. I'm not into that graphics stuff so I was just happy with a place that people can post messages.

10Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Severed Feet

Well, talked to Adam, he's semi in. Said he's got a vent server covered. Smile

Been trying to get other peeps to see this. Talked to Jimmy who said he'd check when he finished what he was doing but he never did, the punk.
Eric just keep ignoring me, lol.

But yeah, so basically I don't envision CS:GO coming out for at least a few months. But I'm like 99% sure I'll rent a server when it does. So I guess this thread is kind of more a "Be aware!" announcement... If you're interested at all don't disappear Wink

I'll rent a server, if any one of you end up playing GO that's awesome, if not, that's fine, too.

Oh, and despite talking to Duke, can't get him to check out this thread, either, lol.
All these lazy bums.

11Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Res

I will definitely play and throw in some dough as well. As long as I get to be an admin and ban/kick douchebags Smile

12Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:21 pm

nYranger

COUNTER STRIKKEKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

its been way tooo long

by the way jordan this is the screen name i picked out. not very original haha

13Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Severed Feet

Lol...

That's Hockeyman, btw.

14Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:28 pm

KillSwitch

I don't know, COD and Battlefield I think has spoiled me...

It's the graphics that haven't changed. If CS came into the 21st Century it would be great.

I just looked at NuclearFallout prices for CS:Source (Can't be too much more than that when it comes out), and an 18 man server is $21.59 monthly.

15Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:42 am

The Shit AKA FroPick

The Shit AKA FroPick

I voted maybe, and screw you Jordan! Haha

16Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:54 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

hey MW3 has a game mode like CS, plant the bomb at A or B type of thing, no respawn.....its my most hated game mode on there lol. It's just too slow and boring. Now if it's like some of the mods where you just respawn after death...then I'll be there for sure (because I die a lot lol)

17Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:04 pm

Jimmy

Zebug wrote:hey MW3 has a game mode like CS, plant the bomb at A or B type of thing, no respawn.....its my most hated game mode on there lol. It's just too slow and boring. Now if it's like some of the mods where you just respawn after death...then I'll be there for sure (because I die a lot lol)

That mode is called Search and Destroy. it's the best mode BECAUSE it's like CS. Respawning over and over just lets people play dumb and wild. No penalty for death. No tactics.

As for CS.. well I played last night with Res and if CS:GO still has the same issues i don't think I'll play. I hit Res with a HS that didnt kill in 3 different rounds. Seeing post death that he's got 3hp left and what not is soo maddening. Honestly.. it's so unrewarding. Also had those rounds where i hit someone 4 or 5 times for 80-90 or so damage. Just DIE! It kills any tactical advantage of getting the drop on someone because they can survive your initial volley of fire.

As was said on the server last night.. those kind of instances should be the EXCEPTION not the RULE.. meaning they can happen but it should be rare. Killing them should happen much more often in those moments and ANY HS should kill OR dink off the helmet for no damage. Dont let me do 97 points of damage to someones BRAIN/HEAD and have them have any combat effectiveness. Those kind of things are what moved me to CoD, or why I enjoyed DoD:S so much as well.

If GO doesnt have more consistancy on that front.. I won't even bother to touch it.

BTW - I really suck at CS now lol.. yes I said "now"! Once upon a time I was kinda decent.

18Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Severed Feet

If all HS's killed in one hit might as well just give everyone the same gun. M4 won't kill in 1 HS. It does 84 dmg. Period. It always will (not through a wall of course). Ak HS WILL kill. Deagle will kill, usp won't. 5 bullets to the chest with m4 is a kill, but an Ak is only 4 (medium-long to short distances).

The point of CS is there is a skill level required to be good. Not just in strategy, but also in your actual playing ability. If you get a jump on someone but don't kill them, that means they're better, got lucky, or a combination of both. Or you made a mistake.

19Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Jimmy wrote:
Zebug wrote:hey MW3 has a game mode like CS, plant the bomb at A or B type of thing, no respawn.....its my most hated game mode on there lol. It's just too slow and boring. Now if it's like some of the mods where you just respawn after death...then I'll be there for sure (because I die a lot lol)

That mode is called Search and Destroy. it's the best mode BECAUSE it's like CS. Respawning over and over just lets people play dumb and wild. No penalty for death. No tactics.

I like playing fast and dumb, I got a taste of it....and its good and me needs some more. When my group votes S&D for MW3, I go balls out rush mode. I will either kill the entire enemey team, or get wasted immediately.

20Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:05 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Jimmy...you suck now?? LOL I never had any illusions I have sucked for years and years and I am sure I will continue to suck for years to come. I still have fun playing. I for one hate these HUGE maps on MW or DOD. I like the little maps that I can memorize and then maybe just maybe have a little edge. Get the server and I will try very hard to be part of it.

21Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

lol Fire, MW has tiny maps as it is....you should try BF3, now THOSE are some big ass maps (which I must say, I freaking love)

22Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Jimmy

Severed Feet wrote:If all HS's killed in one hit might as well just give everyone the same gun. M4 won't kill in 1 HS. It does 84 dmg. Period. It always will (not through a wall of course). Ak HS WILL kill. Deagle will kill, usp won't. 5 bullets to the chest with m4 is a kill, but an Ak is only 4 (medium-long to short distances).

The point of CS is there is a skill level required to be good. Not just in strategy, but also in your actual playing ability. If you get a jump on someone but don't kill them, that means they're better, got lucky, or a combination of both. Or you made a mistake.

contradictory post!? you talk about skills outside of tactics but then the best skill of all (aiming) that results in hs's you excuse for not being rewarded more than it is?

I would accept the occassional HS bouncing off the helmet (provided they bought one only) to randomize it just a touch.. but way more often than not that hs should reward the player with a kill.

when I play CS I make a crap ton of mistakes that can get me killed.. and that was always the greatness about CS. it's a punishing game.. but punish my mistakes! If I get a hs.. reward me! I've never had a problem with accuracy (well I did the other night as I'm way rusty and sprayed way too much).

BTW.. what gun did I use to do 97 damage in 1 shot to the head then? per your post.. my m4 should have done 84. Unless the little program that tells you who you hit, how many times, and for how much is wrong.. I hit res for 97 damage with 1 shot from my M4.. was that the no helmet version of a HS? and 84 damage is the helmeted version? Even there... punishing the player for not having a helmet with death makes way more sense than him getting away from that battle alive.. with 3 freaking hit points.

As for chest shots.. the lame left arm blocks them! I can shoot someone through some walls, doors, and boxes and score a hit.. but their fleshy left arm blocks the round from passing through to their chest somehow..

Old game with crap mechanics is OLD.

Smile

note: I do not expect CS 1.6 to make any of the annoyances better... only that for me to play GO on any sort of regular basis.. such things would need to make better sense in my opinion only!

23Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Severed Feet

You hitting someone in the head with an m4 and them not dying isn't randomness though. Unless they have no helmet on, an m4 will do 84 damage at med/close range. You getting a 97 damage head shot must mean either you were using an m4 and you hit him through a wall when he had no helmet, or you got a USP head shot when he had no helmet. Also, having a silencer on will kinda whack out the range differences in the damage calculations.

You are getting rewarded for a HS. It's over double the damage of a normal shot, and considering we're talking about m4's here, you're probably shooting more than a single bullet, meaning a double tap will kill them. CS is a round based team game where people don't regen HP. Meaning, yes, you might not kill the guy you're in a firefight with. But just because you got a HS and din't kill him, doesn't mean you didn't succeed in something. All your teammates need to do is breathe on them with a nade and they're dead.

You want one shot HS kills? Use an AK. That's why it's less accurate than the m4.

My point about all this is that the damage you're doing with a single shot isn't random. It's dependent on range, whether your opponent is wearing armor, and, if you're shooting through a wall, what's it made of and how thick it is. So, if you shoot someone in the head at 25 feet with an AK unobstructed, it will always do over 100 damage. There's no "occasional HS bouncing off the helmet" because THAT would be complete and utter BS - that would implement randomness into the game which in turn would decrease the benefits of skill.

I'm not saying CS is better than CoD or BF or Halo or anything. I'm just saying it's different. There's absolutely no health regen. Different weapons are substantially different, even between similar types of weapons. It's more methodical, with much more straight forward maps and less clutter.

Oh, and that reminds me. Source "ruined", depending on how you look at it, walling. And also added in a lot of map clutter that a lot of people find annoying. CS:GO is supposedly aiming to be a halfway point, I guess. It's bringing back spammable spots in moderation and taking out unnecessary clutter. So I've read.

24Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Severed Feet

So I just randomly turned on Steam for the first time in a few weeks and boom... I have access to CS:GO.
Loooolz.

25Regarding CS:GO Empty Re: Regarding CS:GO Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:56 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Severed Feet wrote:So I just randomly turned on Steam for the first time in a few weeks and boom... I have access to CS:GO.
Loooolz.

can you ask for a refund? kidding, have fun with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum