TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

2010 NFL discussion

+4
RP
Res
FireSnake
Zebug
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

1762010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Jimmy

I'm not jinxing my picks, I'll tell you after the playoffs. Shocked

1772010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

oh be a man, your Chefs aren't making it past Baltimore anyway. (but I am really really hoping they do beat Baltimore, but I just don't see it)

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

1782010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Res

NO over SEA
BALT over KC
IND over NYJ
GB over PHI

NE over BAL
IND over PIT
GB over ATL
CHI over NO

IND over NE
GB over CHI

IND over GB

(homer picks of course)

honestly, I don't see anyone beating the patriots. i hope to God that someone does, but realistically they're the favorite to win it all. Real pick is NE over GB in the superbowl 34-24

1792010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Severed Feet

BALT over KC
NYJ over IND
NO over SEA
PHI over GB

NE over NYJ
PIT over BALT
ATL over NO
PHI over CHI

NE over PIT
ATL over PHI

NE over ATL

1802010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:08 am

FireSnake

FireSnake

Soo far all of your picks suck! LOL Well Jordan at least got One right!

1812010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:19 am

Severed Feet

One of two aint bad! Considering everyone else is 0-2! Razz

I know I'm saying this after the fact and you all probably won't believe me, but I was going to pick Seattle to win but didn't want to be -that guy-. Rolling Eyes

1822010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:34 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

what a weekend. NO defense wasn't actually good last year, gave up a ton of yards but they got a ton of turnovers (can't live off of turnovers forever). Again, they were exposed and Seattle marched down the field several times on them. What a game though.

Stupid Indy blowing the game and my survival pick, I can't believe they let them march down the field like that and kick a chip shot to win it.

Knew KC was done for, but after the first half I was starting to believe but they completely gave up on running which was stupid.

Good matchups coming in the AFC, basically the 4 best teams all year are playing.

1832010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:14 pm

Jimmy

great games last weekend, well, except that early sunday second half metldown Sad really looking forward to this weekends games. easily the best two football weekends on the schedule year in, year out.

Fire.. how do you feel about Fox? Certainly seems like a guy that can fix the D, but seems like you all will transistion back to a 4-3 now. I read a lot of comments about him from Panthers fans and it seems the guy sticks with veterans way too long and does not develop young guys. Also has a tendency to meddle with the offense and really has no business doing so. Hopefully for myou guys he's learned from some of these mistakes, but seems hard to fathom since he had no time to reflect, going straight from Carlonia to Denver.

1842010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:27 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I just can't believe a guy who went 2-14 (think that was the record) got fired and immediately got picked up. Just on the surface that seems odd, but I do think Fox is a decent coach. They've just had absolutely nothing at QB since Delhomy fell off the face of the earth.

1852010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Jimmy

I honestly cant think of another time this happened.

Really excited for this weekends games! I'm making lasagna today and enjoying 6+ hours of football! yes.. I have no life.

1862010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:03 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

GOOOOOOOOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will not surrender, we will not go quietly into the night, we are the PITTSBURGH FUCKING STEELERS!!!!

1872010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:04 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Zee on the surface your right. Looking at his history tho, he always had defenses that were in the tops of the league. He went 2 and 14 because yea he didn't have a quarterback...the ownership is one of the stingiest in the league and wouldn't buy him the players he needed. The players he coached says he is a players coach and doesn't worry about the contracts. He does keep with Veterans but that is because the ownership wanted to keep all the old players if they weren't costing him much. Rookies wanted too much soo they never paid anything for them. He really was handcuffed with the ownership telling him he couldn't do a lot because they didn't want to pay his players.

Honestly out of all the choices out there I liked this one the most. It made the most sense and he was the only one out of all of the ones they interviewed that had ever been a head coach before. He took Carolina from being 1 and 15 to the playoffs the next year and then to the superbowl the year after that.

I knew from the start that they couldn't get a Gruden or any of those like of coaches because they would want way too much. We got Fox for a deal honestly since he took a pay cut to come here.

Having Elway as VP of football operations and giving Xanders a whole lot more say in the personel is really going to go along way for the draft. That is a whole lot better than having MCfuckup calling all the shots.

So honestly if anyone can fix this defense he can and hopefully he gets Teebow where he needs to be. Offense can run itself if they go back to a zone blocking like they had before mcfuckstick. Back when we actually ran the ball very well.

1882010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:06 pm

kristi

kristi

Packers win, Pats lose...great weekend for football!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

1892010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:35 pm

Jimmy

hi

that was a very impressive performance by the Packers, good to see them win and set up a pretty epic matchup for the NFCC, GB is so QB spoiled! I'm sure you were thrilled Smile (WR spoiled too, Jordy was awesome all game)

Pretty bummed about the Patriots, the Jets are so classless, except Tony Richardson who at 16 years in the league is still ballin! Belichek made a big mistake with that fake punt junk, didnt need it!

1902010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:20 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

what a great weekend indeed. The only team I feared was the Pats as they just own the Steelers. Eventhough the jets beat us this season I'm not worried. As for the NFC, what a great NFCC, can't get much better than GB v Chicago. I think I will be pulling for Chicago as I like the Steelers chances better than versus GB but honestly, any of the 4 remaining teams can beat any of the other 3 at anytime. Pretty solid final four that's for sure.

1912010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:22 pm

kristi

kristi

atleast I have no more nails left to bite for this weekend. We should win this game. Then again we should've won most of the games we lost(6 losses combined pts of 20 or something ridiculous)

I feel it's our destiny to make it to the SB this year and if so, we should be able to beat NYJ or Pitts. I'd rather play the Jets, but I'd rather see a Pitts/GB Superbowl.

1922010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Jimmy

everyone was talking about the Ravens/Steelers rivalry and the Jets/Pats rivalry last week, but this has to top them both this week. Whats better than facing your division rival (and oldest rivalry in the league) for a shot at the SB. Shocked

This should be one of the most watched games of all time I'd guess. Looking forward to it! king

1932010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I agree that this GB/Chicago rivalry is bigger than jets vs NE....but the ratings that the Jets/Pats game brought in was stupid high....I don't think the NFCC game will surpass it. One the Jets were on hard knocks so that made a lot of people interested, and its NY vs Boston, two of the most populated areas in the nation.

Doesn't matter though, winner of that game just gets to lose to the Steelers two weeks later.

1942010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:26 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I'm getting to damn old for games like this. Before the playoffs started, I said if we don't see Peyton, Brady, or Brees then we will win #7. I'm just about ready to put Rodgers in that category with those other 3 QB's. The dude is scary good, strong accurate arm....if he ran make the quick read then my Steelers are in trouble.

I heard an early line but didn't get who was favorite, but the line was 2 points which means its basically a pick'em. Best of luck to you Kristi and the rest of the Packer nation....should be a good one.

1952010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:53 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Just had to post that I was wrong. The packers game got a 28.1 rating as opposed to the 22.4 that the ne vs nyj game got....though pitt vs nyc got 28.3

1962010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:59 pm

kristi

kristi

Zebug wrote:Just had to post that I was wrong. The packers game got a 28.1 rating as opposed to the 22.4 that the ne vs nyj game got....though pitt vs nyc got 28.3

Thats IMPOSSIBLE! It's only because that games population ratio>our game Razz

Seriously, I am ELATED at my Packers. I still cant believe that we are going to the superbowl and I would give anything to be there(win or lose...although we'll probably win:P) I love being a Packers fan, a football fan in general. Should be an awesome Sunday! Even if we were to lose the big game, I cannot TELL YOU how happy I am to beat Chicago. AWESOME. GL Brian...your team's gonna need it (lets hope its not a repeat of the 09 game Pack v Steelers) yikes

1972010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:50 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

honestly, I think the timing of the games let the pitt game get better ratings. Sunday evening is always better than sunday mid-day for viewers.

best of luck indeed.

1982010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Jimmy

Superbowl week is almost upon us! My sports radio station will be broadcasting from radio row all week. Always get some great interviews!

(speaking of radio.. Zebug check out an app called 'tune in radio' it's free and awesome.. you can listen to pittsburg radio stations on there easily instead of lame houston!)

I have my kids next weekend so that Sunday I'm going to make a big monster breakfast before taking them home, then procede to get all my snacks and dinner ready!

I think it's going to be a really good game!

Alright so besides the obvious stars.. every year there is some role player that really makes a major impact. Who ya'll got this year?

I'm going with Jordy Nelson.

1992010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:33 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I'll check out that app, but iheartradio also has a few pitt radio stations (and actually all the ones that I care about)

As far are role players stepping up...I think Heath Miller will have a big game but I think he is more of a star than a role player, otherwise we have 2 rookie WR's that have been stepping up all season at the right time. I am going with Mewelde Moore, I think some big 3rd down conversions will be NEEDED from him.

2002010 NFL discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Jimmy

This video is fantastic! I absolutely love great runs and this video is one directors view of the most explosive runs of 2010.. the music is fantastic for such a video as well. My eyes well watching stuff like this and my heart races. king

Enjoy! cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum