TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

2010 NFL discussion

+4
RP
Res
FireSnake
Zebug
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

512010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Jimmy

FireSnake wrote:I like Royal..But I don't believe that he will be used as much as Bowe will. Since really all KC has to throw to is Bowe. Denver has Gaffney, Royal, Willis, Stokely, Decker, Thomas. THEY are loaded at WR. KC...not soo much.

pshaww! Bowe, Chambers, Charles, McCluster, Jones, Moeaki, and Horne. The football will be spread to all these guys! Plus our guys are healthy.. Denvers are all broken and I read Stokely may even be cut.

So basically.. you prefer my Chief to your Bronco. Lol! Cmon.. consider it the ultimate Chiefs vs Broncos gamble.. trade me.. Chiefs lover! affraid

522010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:13 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

I already have Gaffney and Thomas...I am not going to have 3 Bronco Wide Recievers on my team. Thomas is going to be a beast and Gaffney is number one wide.

Ok Chambers...really?? YOUR BETTING on Chambers?? That is sad...

You put Charles as a wide? Really WHO has ever heard of Jones, Moeaki, and Horne??? They are no bodies. You have Bowe...THAT is it.

532010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:32 pm

Jimmy

I'm listing him as someone whom will catch passes, not a wideout. Jones = Thomas Jones.. Moeaki and Horne can be labeled just as much of a "beast" as Thomas (or Decker who you never even mentioned) can on your side.. that is to say they've all done nothing and no one knows much.

Oh and talking trash on Chris Chambers when your WR1 is Jabar Gaffney?? Chris Chambers last year in only 9 games for the Chiefs had 36 catches for 608 yards and 4 scores.
Gaffney last year had 54 for 732 and 2 scores.. in 16 games.

game averages

Chambers = 4catches, 67 yards, .44 scores per game
Gaffney = 3.3 catches, 45 yards, .13 scores per game

Lol.. I'm looking at Gaffney's career numbers compared to Chambers. It's not even close! Chambers has scored 11 TD's in a season twice.. thats 22 for the Denver schooled whom dont quite have enough fingers and toes to get that high, he has 57 for his career. Meanwhile Gaffney 17 in his career, including his highest total ever which was 5 with the Pats in 2007 when Brady threw 50!

I feel very confident in stating the Chiefs WR core > Denver WR core

Thomas cant even get on the field yet. Willis? 1 career catch since 2007!! You didnt even mention one of your better WR's in Brandon Lloyd.. lol. I'll put the Chiefs top4 (Bowe, Chambers, McCluster, Urban) against any 4 you got.

I just figured since you were crazy enough to drop Anthony Gonzalez and Jerricho Cotchery (proven guys) for Gaffney and Thomas.. you might want Royal too. Lol. But nooo.. you'd prefer the Chief. All good.

542010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:18 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I've watched Gaffney here in Houston....be ready for dropped passes and a confused little WR running around without even knowing which way the end zone is....dude was horrible here.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

552010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:40 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Gaffney has been nothing but great here with Orton throwing. He didn't drop but one pass and that was really high. I also didn't mention Lloyd either. That is what I am saying we are stacked on wide receiver. Decker could be another Eddie Mac. I think Stokely will be the odd man out honestly. I am more worried about our running core than anything else. You have Charles which is awesome. Ours are constantly getting hurt...Lendale case in point.

562010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:08 pm

Jimmy

wow Fire. So the Broncos trade away a 1st round pick this year to Seattle for the CB they drafted in the 2nd round last year.. and this year he's already been dumped for a scrub TE. awesome!

572010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:15 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Seriously awesome. I hated that pick when it happened and yea basically gave him away for a bum TE. LOL Gave Hillis away too and he is ripping it up in Detroit. They said they lost about 9 million dollars in Cuts this year. I don't understand half of what they gave up. But I am glad that Smith is gone. I can't cover anyone. Ball hawk yes but those get burned more than they get interceptions.

582010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Jimmy

that 1st round draft choice could have been earl thomas (thats who the seahawks took with the pick).. terrible mismanagement of draft choices.

also.. hillis is in cleveland.. not detroit.

592010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:29 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Could have been could have been someone Maurkice Pouncey. Or hell even Derrick Morgan. any of those 3 picks would have SERIOUSLY helped our cause. 3 number one draft picks who DOESN'T want that?

602010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:01 pm

Severed Feet

Ha, Bernard Berian is on Minute to Win It tonight.

612010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

don't touch our Pouncey...He's looking very solid as a rookie center.

622010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:24 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

I KNOW...that is why I would have loved to have that pick back. He is a solid Center!

632010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:01 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

I get a weekly newsletter from ESPN and this was one of the topics:

Jabar Gaffney, WR, Denver Broncos
Gaffney closed out the 2009 season with 39 fantasy points in his last two games. Now he's the No. 1 receiver for Kyle Orton, and the Jaguars ranked 27th in the NFL against the pass last season. Put it all together and you have a recipe for a Week 1 breakout.

Could Fire be right about something...has hell frozen over? Are pigs flying? Oh wait, he has Orton throwing to him, never mind.

642010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:36 am

FireSnake

FireSnake

Orton had 4000 yards passing last year. Not too bad actually. I say Jabar sees A LOT of catches and gets 100 yards and 2 tds.

652010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:52 am

Res

don't diss on my fellow Boiler, damnit.

662010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:12 pm

FireSnake

FireSnake

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL??? Finally its here!!!!

672010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

did you notice the size of the Minnesota tackle #71 Phil Loadholt...6'8" 343 lbs....good freaking lord.

And Favre...you might want to actually show up to camp a little earlier next year. Looked so out of sync with his WR's

682010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Severed Feet

I'm not going to lie: I pretty much knew that Minn was going to look bad in their first game...
Didn't think NO would, too, although they looked good at times.

Did anyone else see the information released about Harvin?
Evidently his heart stopped for 10 (TEN!) seconds when he passed out in training camp. And evidently his heart is stopping while he sleeps. He was diagnosed with sleep apnea, and now he's sleeping with a device every night and they said this might actually "cure" his migranes.
But that's freaking crazy.
You have to wonder if that's going to have major impacts on his life as he gets older...

692010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:51 am

Res

vikes looked like shit

702010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:25 pm

Jimmy

What an amazing 1st Sunday of football! I loved every bit of it. There was drama all over the place.

The catch. A couple of us spoke about this in our fantasy chat room.. quite clearly a catch when based on logic.. however based on the rule.. it wasn't. Very lame. What I think is important though is that this will get this rule changed. IMO that rule is NOT intended to make this obvious catch get ruled incomplete. The league lost a great game winning play overall.. not to mention the Lions (and the 8+ points my local league fantasy team was shorted! altho I did already win it).

The 'boys. Wow. So much talent and so little between the ears. Penalized all game long. Barron is a total scrub and was not even trying to block before holding Orakpo.. lol. he should be cut. However.. where is the coaching staff adjustment that decides.. ok.. we need to give him help. Ending on an pic holding call while throwing a TD pass... hilarious!

Defense was clearly ahead of the offenses throughout the league in week 1 which kept alot of games close.

Cincy.. lol. Owned by a motivated and underrated Pat's teeam!
Colts... good lord was that D abused. SB loser hangover curse strikes again.
Pack.. that was a scare! Good thing CMIII is an absolute monster! He was a force!

I'm beyond excited for tonight! <insert Ohhhh face here> (lol) Hopefully the two big additions for KC (coordinators) can make a major impact this week. On D.. Jovan Belcher (new starting ILB , 2nd year player) will be a key player against Mathews. On O.. it's all about Cassel keep the Chargers honest. Arrowhead will be rocking early so the Chiefs really need to maintain momentum from the kickoff. (if we get the toss.. please defer! Get the D out there.. crowd will be in a lather!)

712010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:36 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Chefs are playing inspired ball right now, and that returner is freaking AWESOME as I type this he breaks one for a TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who had the Chefs def on FF??? ya no one I bet.

About the catch/rule...I think they should leave it as it takes any question of human judgement out of the equation. It sucks, that should have been a catch, the dude had it, but if you give him that one what happens when one is a little more fuzy?

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-2 when Ben comes back and we are playoff bound....2-2 is all I am asking for...3-1 and I will be going crazy...4-0 and I will probably head to vegas and bet the house that the sky has fallen.

722010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:11 am

Severed Feet

McCluster who returned the TD is actually the second returner. Arenas (I believe that's his name) was the one who nearly returned the earlier one.

My fantasy hopes for the week are literally being pissed upon, lol. Razz

732010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:38 am

Res

colts looked like shit
chiefs are lookin good
pats are returning to form
arian foster can eat a dick

742010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

ya, I learned that it was 2 different returners after I posted that. I'm sure a lot of survivor leagues got blown up this weekend with SD going down. Everyone I talked to was strongly considering SD but I kept telling them to hold off since it was Monday night AT Kansas City.

Freaking Jets blew it with all those stupid penalties on third and long. I said at the preseason that the Jets and Bungals aren't making the playoffs and so far they are 0-1 each.

752010 NFL discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Jimmy

AMAZING game last night! I loved it, obviously! The stadium and the crowd were amazing and made for an awesome atmosphere! I was pretty nervous from the 3rd quarter on because Cassel is just so inept! Ugh. The D was on the field wayyyy too much. They held tough though (with alot of help fromm the 12th man) and the goal to go stand to end the game.. four chances for the Chargers from the 6 yard line.. OMG awesome. Almost as awesome was Rivers tantrums last night!

this gif sums it up nicely! This was after yet another delay of game due to crowd noise! Should been a penalty as well! Razz Tantrum!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum