TGA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TGA

TGA lives on

You are not connected. Please login or register

2010 NFL discussion

+4
RP
Res
FireSnake
Zebug
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

2012010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:17 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

so did anyone (kristi?) know that the G in the Green Bay logo doesn't mean Green Bay......it means "greatness"

LMAO that's so gay, they don't deserve to win the superbowl now.

https://truegamingalliance.forumotion.com

2022010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:36 pm

kristi

kristi

I actually did know that...as of recently. Not sure how I feel about it. I mean, it's obvious why our G would mean GREAT, but it will always stand for Green Bay in my eyes.

Im reallllllly nervous right now. I've tried to avoid watching superbowl clips/media day stuff/ shows only because I've had other things on my plate lately. However, with it being less than 3 days...it's all thats on my mind.

I really hate how people are picking the Packers to win really b/c we've gotten here being the "underdog." However, my prediction is 20-13 Packers. As much as I'd like to think our offense will be big and explosive, I think this will be a game of Defense. Let me say though, Clay Matthews AND Aaron Rodgers...both of whom got ripped off imo(DPOY, Pro Bowl Select) do have something to prove. I believe they will

Did any of this make any sense? Probably not...I spent well over 2 hours digging out of my driveway yesterday and my neighbors. /jelly arms

2032010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Res

I predict 27-21 with Charles Woodson intercepting a Roethlisberger pass in the end zone to seal the game.

2042010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:40 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Oh I'm nervous too kristi....its only natural. It can really go either way, I am scared of your passing game as our secondary is always our weakness.

2052010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Jimmy

/waves lil packer flag

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2062010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm

kristi

kristi

Surprised

I'm about to show my true devotion tomorrow when I get branded Shocked

2072010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:17 am

Jimmy

A packers tat? What and where if ya dont mind sharing?

2082010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:16 pm

kristi

kristi

On the inner lower part of my calf/ankle I guess. It's a G with some designs on the side.

Hurt.like.hell.

2092010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:24 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

great win for the Pack, congrats to them and all their fans. They are one of the few teams that if we had to lose to, I'd want it to be them as the fan base is so similar to the Steelers. Great effort by pitt but just too many mistakes. Rodgers is the real deal and will be there a few more times in his career....just imagine is Favre left sooner this might be his 2nd super bowl already.

Was it me or did the field just look horrible? It seemed like it was a thin piece of carpet over cement with all the injuries happening on relatively routine tackles.

As for the half time show....wow, it has to be the worst show ever. Sound was horrible, and the Black Eye Peas looked like total geeks, don't think I will ever go to one of their shows.

Best commercial? I might actually go with the Detroit/Chrysler one at least that one stands out the most for me so far, will have to re-watch them as I don't really remember many others of hand.

2102010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Jimmy

Very happy about the outcome! Smile

Going back to the predictions posts.. umm.. this is exactly what I saw happening, just didnt wanna junx it, lol! Kidding of course although I did refrain to commen to prevent jinxing.

Mike and Mike this morning was talking about the QB's GB has been fortunate enough to have and could anyone else put up 3 like this (Starr, Favre, Rodgers). Only 2 other teams have 3 different SB winning QB's, the Giants (with Simms, Hostetler, Manning) and the Redskins (with Theismann, Williams, Rypien) but neither 3-somes are as immpressive (the Pack are the only 3-some with 2 HoF guys considering Favre is a surefire entrant). Niners and Cowboys are close with Montana/Young and Staubach/Aikman.. but no team can boast 3 like the Pack can. QB spoiled for sure!

My favorite commercial that I can remember was the one I saw before the game, lil Vader kid Smile

Considering how young the Packers are.. Shocked This could be the start of a run!

Oh and how bout that Jordy Nelson pick as the non big name standout eh? Even with the drops he was a monster.

Congrats to the Packers.. and their great great fans Smile

2112010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

ok had a chance to look over the list of commercials which jogged my memory:

Bridgestone did well with the beaver ad and the reply all ad
Doritos house sitting was good where he brought back the dudes old man (father/grandpa I can't recall)
Seeing Roseanne Barr get hit with a tree was great with Snickers
hated the motorola xoom tablet commercial, but I'm liking the tablet itself.
Faith Hill: Teleflora was good
Budweiser wild west dancer guy was stupid, glad I don't like their beer anyway.

Great movies coming that I wasn't aware of...
transformers 3,
pirates of the carribean
Super 8 (I have no idea what it is about, but I guess they probably achieved what they wanted as I will look it up later)

2122010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:47 pm

kristi

kristi

Yay. Good game. I was pretty confident until Driver and Woodson went down. I thought about it though and I knew those guys would win it for them. I just think this was Green Bays year. We have such a great group of deserving guys. IMO Steelers have had their chance to shine and I really dont care for Harrison or Big Ben all that much. That being said, Packers fans and Steelers fans could very well take over the world.

Jordy was going to be my deal-breaker suggestion. I think he stepped up although he really did miss some crucial catches(4? superbowl jitters?) Winning that game got me emotional...which doesnt happen often Razz I'm very happy to bring the trophy back to title town

As far as halftime. Look, I guess I'm biased b/c I like the Black-eyed peas. However, now that I'm out of my superbowl stupor, I can look back realizing the sound quality sucked somewhat. I still like them and still think they were a good choice.

Commercials. I loved the Doritos ones lol! I also like animated Eminem...but I'm partial to him. Whichever one that was that kept sucking the car up to different dimensions or whatever seemed like they spent a lot of money and it was kind of stupid.

I REALLY hope this wasn't the last game we all are going to see for a long time...but if it is, I'm glad it was my team! wooot cheers

2132010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:11 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

how could you or anyone not like Harrison? He is what NFL defense should be about....dude was cut 4 times by NFL teams (3 by the steelers) which made him train harder and finally make the team and now he is one of the best LB's in the game.

I can understand not liking Ben due to his off field issues (allegedly) but not Harrison (unless you are a fan of flag football and Rodger go-to-da-hell).

Rodger GODell is the worst thing to happen to the NFL since...well since forever

2142010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:51 am

kristi

kristi

I don't get how a player can say that an 18-game season would be detrimental to player safety when he justifies some of the hits he's taken on others.

This isnt flag football, nor will it ever be! I just dont see anything wrong with the NFL trying to educate players how to better tackle without knocking people unconscious...

2152010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Jimmy

side note.. I'm very against the 18 game schedule. I like 16.. it's a good number of games and I dont like that Goodell keeps saying the fans want this. What the fans want is not having to pay full price for the pre-season when ordering season tickets.

Peter king had a very unofficial poll and the overwhelming majority voted against 18 games season. most wanted some variation of 2 preseason games and 16 regular, or no change at all.

Goodell is lame. I hope the labor stuff gets worked out!! Twisted Evil

2162010 NFL discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: 2010 NFL discussion Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:44 am

Zebug

Zebug
Admin

Goodell just needs to go, I am loving the class action law suite against him and the NFL with the whole super bowl ticket thing. Though, I do give him credit for coming right out and saying that they screwed up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum